• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Rosen

Reaction score
You best bet is to look at the inner tag and see if it's the same fabric #.

That said, even if it is the same, it could have come from separate bolts of fabric, which could result in colour variation between the two suits.

Thanks a lot for your comment; perhaps I'll then email both Drake's and The Rake for tag info.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Yes lambs wool.

How does the SC one compares fit wise? Slimmer? More relaxed?

I habe to say, that the drakes one is more on the slimmer side, even on the waist.

The SC is a bit oversized and relaxed. I'm normally a 38/40 in jackets and I sized down to a small. It works as outerwear and on the causal side. It's one of my favorite pieces of knitwear.

Based on the look the Drakes cardigan strikes me as more sports coat replacement, at least that's how I plan to wear it.

nycs10011

Reaction score
They are my favourite shawl collar cardigans. I've got one from Drake's, one from The Armoury and one from Wardrobe of Wimbledon. Aside from the colour, they're all the same (made by William Lockie).

Do you know if the sizing is the same across the different brands?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what if jason jules is just really handsome?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny enough, Jason Jules is on the landing page for my insurance company.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
x-post from our affiliate page

Good day gents, can't believe it's already been 6 years since my humble shop launched. I can't thank you SF members enough for your patronage over the years.

While I am still preparing the 6 year anniversary clearance page (will publish the secret link here on our affiliate page soon), I wanted to let you guys know about the part 1 of our 6 year anniversary sale.

For a limited time, 20% off on Drake's products by using code 'drakes20' at the check out.
We still have few nice SS 19 ties showing sold out on Drake's official website and last season items which have been marked down (discount code will indeed work on top of the sale price).

Drake's - Ties & Accessories – Gentlemens Footwear

gentlemensfootwear.com
gentlemensfootwear.com
Drake's - Tailoring & Apparel – Gentlemens Footwear

gentlemensfootwear.com
gentlemensfootwear.com

Cheers,
Steve

namartens

Reaction score
I really like their Ecru Japanese Selvedge Corduroy trousers, but they are sold out in sizes above 32 on their website. Do any other stores or website sell these? So far I haven’t found them.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are measurements online accurate for their jeans?

Anyone own Drakes denim and can comment on fit, wear? Inseam super long, do you alter them same as your other trousers?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Are measurements online accurate for their jeans?

Anyone own Drakes denim and can comment on fit, wear? Inseam super long, do you alter them same as your other trousers?

I own both off white and light wash pair and I’d say the online measurements are accurate. You can always call the NY store and ask for any measurements to make sure. I did twice and they were really helpful.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics to follow, but wanted to provide an update on Drakes MTM service mentioned a few pages back.

First, full disclosure, at the trunk show event, I likely glossed over some details.Price update, I previously mentioned MTM was $1500 for the sport coat I ordered. I misheard, $1500 is the starting price, and can go up depending on fabric (not surprising, but I might have missed this detail during the event, as I was doing shirts, sport coat, and other items) the final price of the sport coat was $1800, with my fabric up charge (a "sapphire"/bright blue hopsack) please note that I have zero issues with this as the evening was quite hectic. Also note Drakes threw in a custom tie gratis with purchase of any MTM tailoring, so I was able to sort through a good stack of one-off pieces of fabric and chose a navy and white striped grenadine fina. I had the tie made to 9cm width, untipped, handrolled edges, with "makers choice" of lining

On the to sport coat, I received it last week, and the fit (as one would expect, but certainly is not always the case with MTM) is spot on; shoulders, waist, sleeve length is all perfect. it came with finished sleeves, and working buttons, but shortened to my sleeve length. Construction is also great, half canvass, boutonniere loop under the lapel button hole. previously mentioned working cuffs.

All in all, if you like Drakes general tailoring look (soft shoulders, etc), then I highly recommend their MTM service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads