• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tumblr_pl5l26JL6B1s5fve2o2_540.jpg

Suit, shirt and square are by Drake's.

Great suit! I was impressed when I tried on a sample corduroy suit at a recent San Francisco trunk show at Cable Car Clothiers. But, at 6'2" I need a long so may stop in at their NYC store for a MTO version.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Which color corduroy did you try?

The blue. I wasn't a fan of the yellow/gold but the blue was the perfect mix for the soft construction and more casual wear. But, with Spring/Summer right around the corner a "cement" colored cotton suit in that same cut would be very nice as a suit or separates.

keepondigging

Reaction score
I've always considered the concept behind Drakes RTW offerings to be Anglo centric rustic Ivy League meets laid back and elegant Italian luxury. The romantic eastern inspired prints on the scarves and pocket squares then complete the trifecta of influence to create an incredibly unique look, that still manages to remain harmonious and sure of its identity. And this comes from the brands roots in tradition and heritage.

With that said, I too am taken aback by this fleece decision. I can live with it, and it probably won't be a bad product in and of itself, but I'm having a tough time envisioning how it will fit into the world of Drake's. I believe we do have to give the brand room to experiment so I'll wait and see how it pans out for them. Hopefully this won't be them trying to go down the tired avenue that is streetwear/casual sportswear and its subsequent high fashion crossover.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've always considered the concept behind Drakes RTW offerings to be Anglo centric rustic Ivy League meets laid back and elegant Italian luxury. The romantic eastern inspired prints on the scarves and pocket squares then complete the trifecta of influence to create an incredibly unique look, that still manages to remain harmonious and sure of its identity. And this comes from the brands roots in tradition and heritage.
Holy cow, did you really write this? You definitely should be a menswear blogger.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's interesting. I didn't know that.

Imo the casentino pullover is a great idea. It brings together a lot of things, both historical and trendy: Orange has been in the past year or so. There's a revival of the Patagonia "sherpa" fleece (every streetwear brand seems to have an interpretation). It taps into normcore, as Loathing said, into athleisure, and now into @menswear with the twist of casentino cloth instead of polyester fleece. It's subtle luxury. Perfect for people to wear with their $300 jeans... or dress pants. I'm guessing there will be a vest version for Silicon Valley and Wall Street. Even hunters may want it.

I don't think I'd buy one, but it's a bright idea imo.
I had to share this. Apparently nuclear/Hermes orange casentino was famously pictured by Audrey Hepburn made by Hubert de Givenchy in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Another classic Color is emerald green. And famously worn by Verdi and Puccini in the 19th century.

A9FA9F91-390C-4BE9-8E77-2F78C1A8DBD4.png

I will however say that a casentino fleece pullover is interesting for the casentino fabric and uninteresting for the normcore vibe that other folks have already elaborated above. Much prefer the casentino coat/s that were featured in some of the pitti snaps

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went overboard like last season:

-Harris Tweed Grey Houndstooth Jacket
-Harris Tweed Navy and Wine Houndstooth Jacket
-Ochre and Green Tweed Jacket
-Terracotta Blanket Coat (really wanted the tartan one as well)
-Lambswool Sleeveless Cardigan in Yellow (hoping this fits, or not so I won't get an addiction)
-Green Antique Village Scarf
-Green Paisley Scarf
-Pocket Squares
-Socks

Ah, a kindred spirit!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to share this. Apparently nuclear/Hermes orange casentino was famously pictured by Audrey Hepburn made by Hubert de Givenchy in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Another classic Color is emerald green. And famously worn by Verdi and Puccini in the 19th century.

I will however say that a casentino fleece pullover is interesting for the casentino fabric and uninteresting for the normcore vibe that other folks have already elaborated above. Much prefer the casentino coat/s that were featured in some of the pitti snaps

Why say “casentino” at all? A fancy way of describing a fuzzy fleece look you can get at Old Navy? Not very appealing.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why say “casentino” at all? A fancy way of describing a fuzzy fleece look you can get at Old Navy? Not very appealing.

We should get another name for luxury fleece. Casentino sounds too cool.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to say that there is very little luxury to the fleece look. It all looks like someone at Eddie Bauer designed it. Same with those fuzzy overcoats that seem popular again. Quite ugly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads