• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Treble

Reaction score
Was just browsing permanentstyle and that first style in the article (linked below), is exactly how I wear the aforementioned double breasted blazer. Including the denim and loafers (RRL, Baudoin & Lange). This is actually a copy of a Drake’s look circa 2019 which I had seen.

All the reader profiles are great for inspiration.

Looks good. I'm wondering which of the above jackets would work best with those jeans and loafers as they are very regular wears for me.

Treble

Reaction score
That hopsack is more appropriate if you want to dress up - the cotton thing is more directional. Wool is also a superior travel fabric than wool. That hopsack looks to be a shade lighter than a true navy, which is a somewhat casualizing quirk.

I have a similarly colored coat from NMWA back from the Sartoria Cantarelli days that I have worn all over the place - typically with tailored linen trousers in lighter tones. I think of that lighter than navy color as more of a spring through fall color. I am not a big jeans with navy-ish coats guys - I actually have another Cantarelli in brick with a navy overcheck that I'd be much more likely to wear with jeans in a pinch

Also remembered I have the ALD cavalry twill cotton suit which is very dark navy, good point on the travel jacket being lighter. Dark one doesn't go as well if at all with jeans.

Bateman233

Reaction score
REALLY enjoying the new linen suits in the look book that just dropped.

Any suggestions on how to achieve the linen suit look at a more reasonable cost? Alternative affordable labels selling linen suits?

Can't be spending $2,000 on a linen suit! Thank you!

nprose

Reaction score

Any suggestions on how to achieve the linen suit look at a more reasonable cost? Alternative affordable labels selling linen suits?

At the risk of being excommunicated from this forum, I have a linen ludlow suit from J Crew that has served me quite well over the last handful of years.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah spier & mackay's are pretty pretty good.
6C12DA2D-AFE9-46E1-B535-BC9442889540.jpeg

this one is 92% linen / 8% silk but basically.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You got the price and measurements? Also what pic is more color accurate?

nprose

Reaction score
A little Friday levity for you all / perspective. I was in Palm Springs for a bachelor party last weekend and wearing the short sleeve, camp collar Drake's multi-stripe linen shirt, which I love.

One of my buddies hit me with the..."Where did you get that shirt? Mervyn's" lolllll

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little Friday levity for you all / perspective. I was in Palm Springs for a bachelor party last weekend and wearing the short sleeve, camp collar Drake's multi-stripe linen shirt, which I love.

One of my buddies hit me with the..."Where did you get that shirt? Mervyn's" lolllll

?? is this a West Coast thing?

Reaction score
Sizing help please for the Clifford Desert Boot - What size did you take and how did the fit compare to most of your dress shoe/ loafer sizes?

I'm a US 11 in most shoes unless they are generous in fit.
I’m a pretty standard 8.5 in most dress shoes (8.0 in Alden Barrie last).

I heard the Clifford was roomy, and tried the 8, it was too tight. Went with 8.5 and am happy with the fit.

Hi there,

Can you assist me, what are Cliffords width? is it a standard D? Or perhaps the wider E? I cannot find any information on Drake's website.

shoewarma

Reaction score
My gut tells me it could be E width, but I could be wrong. If your foot is a bog standard D width, going true to size should be okay for you. For reference, both my Clifford and Crosby are 7.5 UK, and are both true to size.

Reaction score
My gut tells me it could be E width, but I could be wrong. If your foot is a bog standard D width, going true to size should be okay for you. For reference, both my Clifford and Crosby are 7.5 UK, and are both true to size.

Thanks. My feet are definitely on the wider side. So i am hoping for E.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics