• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Treble

Reaction score
Has anyone had a Drake's sportcoat taken out in the chest or back? It's the older style with this sort of seam. Looking for less than an inch I expect...

drake-david-coggins-brown-single-breasted-jacket-1.jpg

JIMIG

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any stores in Copenhagen that sell Drake’s? Visiting next week, and was hoping to try some chore coats. Found “Goods” on google, but their range seems limited.

Trevallon

Reaction score
Absolutely loving the "Seatown" lookbook. It really makes me want to buy the geometric fairisle jumper - only to probably never wear it... Whoever styled this did a great job in my opinion.

I would never get a towelling chore coat though.

garigo

Reaction score
For people that own the stone wash jeans, do they fade significantly over time? I like how the ones in the lookbooks seem to wear in on the knees. Any pictures would be very much appreciated!

mbb355

Reaction score
This has to be Drakes' weakest spring/summer offering in recent memory. Nothing even resembling a proper "collection" and no spring tailoring (aside from a smattering of Games pieces). Bizarrely, Drakes instead released a few wooly winter tweeds. It's a head-scratcher. The only Drakes offering from this year that I find even a little interesting is the new flat front chino, which does look great and which Drakes hadn't offered for a while.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
It does strike me that in the recent lookbook there is for example no pic of the ecru linen chore coat, because it is sold out for the most part.

I was thinking maybe supply chain issues are causing problems? I’ve seen this all over, e.g. I’ve recently been enquiring for a made to measure suit and these days the waiting time for a suit to be finished is 3 months.

Then again, Drake’s sources fabrics from Italy and produces a lot in Italy and Portugal. So not quite sure how global supply chain issues (eg caused by China) are to blame.

Personally, I’m now spending more money on accessories eg the Drake’s scarves, but also shoes, and other brands than Drake’s.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was on the fence as well and decided to wait a day, only to find it sold out in my size. However, one popped up on Marrkt a few days ago and I pulled the trigger. Curious to see how it works out as I'm typically a 38 and the one I bought on Marrkt was a 36. However, someone here mentioned and (the measurements on Marrkt seemed to confirm) that they ran a bit big, so hopefully it doesn't look too slim. Will post some photos when I get it.
how did it work out

nprose

Reaction score
This has to be Drakes' weakest spring/summer offering in recent memory. Nothing even resembling a proper "collection" and no spring tailoring (aside from a smattering of Games pieces). Bizarrely, Drakes instead released a few wooly winter tweeds. It's a head-scratcher. The only Drakes offering from this year that I find even a little interesting is the new flat front chino, which does look great and which Drakes hadn't offered for a while.
One thing I can never wrap my head around is the new wave of brand's selling what's effectively tourist merchandise. Rowing Blazers does the same thing. I really can't see the point of wearing a "Seatown" anything when I've never been. It's also not that hard to pick up a $10 tourist dad cap or sweatshirt, whatever, from a place you're actually visiting. Also, makes a nice memento. A $150 tourist tee referencing a place you've never been to...must be the Late Capitalism thing.

Okay, I think I should say something positive now. I'm close to lighting my money on fire for these...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads