• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Octobab

Reaction score
I'm hoping to make it down to Canal St after work today around 7 - hoping there'll at least be a few things left by then. I might be willing to proxy for one or maybe two people, but I've had some bad/exhausting experiences with doing so in the past and I'm not 100% sure

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
If there is any of the knit polos in 38, preferably in green or olive, please pick two up for me. I am happy to pay in advance if you send me your details (long-sleeved ones).

glu26

Reaction score
If anyone going to the sale sees chore coats in 42 please let me know! Greatly appreciated.

mariokart24

Reaction score
I stopped by the sample sale this morning. There's alot of stuff but was hard to find things in neutral colors in my size (M/38). See below for what I can remember.

- Full size runs for corduroy trousers, cord games suits, and canvas truckers from this past season. A few polo overcoats, blackwatch coverall, flyflishing coat as well. Past season items all at 40% off.
- Many many bins of shirts for $90 each
- "Jersey" items for $90, by far the worst priced items.
- Sportscoats for $500, mostly in the 42-46 size range. Not alot of variety for size 36-40.
- Obviously alot of ties and scarfs
- Limited amount of sweaters, mostly in bright yellow and other eclectic colors.
- Good amount of knit hats and gloves and other accesories for $40
- Shoes: espadrilles, paraboot, and cheaney collections

garigo

Reaction score
I stopped by the sample sale this morning. There's alot of stuff but was hard to find things in neutral colors in my size (M/38). See below for what I can remember.

- Full size runs for corduroy trousers, cord games suits, and canvas truckers from this past season. A few polo overcoats, blackwatch coverall, flyflishing coat as well. Past season items all at 40% off.
- Many many bins of shirts for $90 each
- "Jersey" items for $90, by far the worst priced items.
- Sportscoats for $500, mostly in the 42-46 size range. Not alot of variety for size 36-40.
- Obviously alot of ties and scarfs
- Limited amount of sweaters, mostly in bright yellow and other eclectic colors.
- Good amount of knit hats and gloves and other accesories for $40
- Shoes: espadrilles, paraboot, and cheaney collections
Do you remember seeing any raincoats or scarves like these?

337620BC-6274-48BB-8211-11E8FF120524.jpeg
880AAE7C-3382-4E69-AD62-8AF406CF7CB6.jpeg

Last edited:

hamish5178

Reaction score
@garigo there were none of those new raincoats, there were 2-3 khaki mac/raincoat things, from prior seasons.

There were zero of those scarves. Only the wool-silk blends without fringe, as well as square ones, and cotton-silk ones.

They also had full racks of current season raglan and polo coats at around 50% off. Highlight for me was sweater vests sleeveless cardigans for $45.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I take that back, there were a handful of plain white silk scarves w/ fringe, like for the opera, buried at the bottom of the bins.

vanmosh

Reaction score
There were quite a few chore coats in a full size run, looked to me to be needlecord and a few of the linen ones that were available during the archive sale last week. Similar selection when it games to Games blazers. Also a ton of overshirts in the two pocket and old three pocket style.

Nat25

Reaction score
price on each? and what was stock like for those two?

Full size run on grey raglan. 40% off. I couldn’t justify it at retail since I have 25 coats but at 40 off I am a buyer.
Casentino vests $295, which was about what I bought my other one for in sale at the store years ago, but I love it and was fine having an extra one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads