• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
At least all the measurements are the same according to the size chart and the cut/details seems exactly the same in pictures. I’ve always thought they would fit the same ?‍♂️

How’s your experience with the jeans? Quality of the denim, how do they fade, do they stretch or loose shape? Anything interesting in the fabric texture, slubbyness etc? There’s no leg twist to be expected I guess.
I’ve got the tan needlecord pair you linked. Fabric isn’t shiny like most needlecord or corduroy and looks sort of like the trousers had been worn for a year or two I guess. Quite light also… I would guess about 10oz or less. The fabric greases easily which is only negative thing I can think of.

everything about the jeans are great, except the price haha

I have the light wash, dark wash, ecru, and a khaki pair they made with the rake. My favorite is the dark and ecru pair, probably the ecru going on top. Quality is good like all Drake's things. I bought them in a size 30 so TTS imo, but I could see people sizing down a size, if they have slim legs. The light wash no slubby, the dark and ecru maybe a very tiny amount of slub. No fading really, and no leg twist. They look good if you go for the whole drakes aesthetics.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got one of those cool Drake’s scarves I’ve been wanting. Wore it today.

4F39F90D-373A-4ABA-9013-73CC4741D3D6.jpeg
2B491F00-038C-4A06-8B77-EE38D40331B5.jpeg

192917B9-4EDF-4CC9-857D-CFA1F4625A82.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How’s your experience with the jeans? Quality of the denim, how do they fade, do they stretch or loose shape? Anything interesting in the fabric texture, slubbyness etc? There’s no leg twist to be expected I guess.

Unimpressed with the current Drakes jeans made in Portugal of 14oz Japanese selvedge denim jeans. I thought I would grow to like the roomy top, fuller thigh, higher waist but I didn't. I was in the mood to try something new. After wearing a few times they lack an overall flattering fit IMO. Perhaps I'm stuck on classic denim fits, pocket shape, etc. I thought their UK made jeans were better (when Blackhorse Lane was making them for Drakes).

henrip

Reaction score
I can imagine the fit might not be for everybody. Top block can easily look too loose. I have quite athletic thighs so the new five pocket trousers cut works well for me. Just enough room to not look too tight. Pocket shape looked wierd at first but now I find it interesting. Overall build quality might have been better in Blackhorse Lane’s jeans though.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Drakes stop making scarves and pocketsquares in wool/silk with various motif prints such as mythical forest, unicorns, mughal, etc?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Drakes stop making scarves and pocketsquares in wool/silk with various motif prints such as mythical forest, unicorns, mughal, etc?

No, that did not stop.

There’s more examples.

Looks like they’re out of pocket squares ATM, but I recall seeing more online earlier in the fall. I picked up a wool/silk flower motif PS at a trunk show in October

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two I posted look to be standard scarf size.
The one you posted is indeed a square, and not a long rectangle, but much bigger then a PS, I’ve seen them, they’re meant to be worn like this:

keepondigging

Reaction score
I think they're slowly de-escalating tie and pocket square offerings, probably because the market for those things has become so decimated over the last 2 years. If ALD centric stuff and casual outerwear/knitwear is where the big money is at, it makes no sense to make hundreds of different ties and squares every season just out of principal. At the sample sale there was mountains of ties and squares left over.

Octobab

Reaction score
Unimpressed with the current Drakes jeans made in Portugal of 14oz Japanese selvedge denim jeans. I thought I would grow to like the roomy top, fuller thigh, higher waist but I didn't. I was in the mood to try something new. After wearing a few times they lack an overall flattering fit IMO. Perhaps I'm stuck on classic denim fits, pocket shape, etc. I thought their UK made jeans were better (when Blackhorse Lane was making them for Drakes).

Agree on the unflattering aspect. I know it's common advise here to wear higher/fuller cut jeans with tailoring but IMO it just feels a little frankensteinish; if you wanted a touser-like cut and silouette you'd be better suited with trousers. Trying to cut jeans that way doesn't vibe with what the modern eye understands as 'jeans', IMO. I do kind of dig the 45° slash/frog pockets though.

Unrelated, but I had a nice little time over on the Canal st/Throwing Fits event, although I wasn't able to get tickets to the show itself. It's good to see the space being used the way they had laid it out to; I had been a little worried not much would ever materialize. Lawrence looked killer in the bal, something about that giant loden-pleat just works when worn.

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score
Agree on the unflattering aspect. I know it's common advise here to wear higher/fuller cut jeans with tailoring but IMO it just feels a little frankensteinish; if you wanted a touser-like cut and silouette you'd be better suited with trousers. Trying to cut jeans that way doesn't vibe with what the modern eye understands as 'jeans', IMO. I do kind of dig the 45° slash/frog pockets though.

Unrelated, but I had a nice little time over on the Canal st/Throwing Fits event, although I wasn't able to get tickets to the show itself. It's good to see the space being used the way they had laid it out to; I had been a little worried not much would ever materialize. Lawrence looked killer in the bal, something about that giant loden-pleat just works when worn.

I like the high-rise and roomy legs, YMMV. I don't try to pair them with tailoring ever. I actually think they work best when I'm cosplaying as an immigrant cabbage farmer (see: steven yeun in Minari).

255658510_621277559233504_8040111023138360199_n.jpg

henrip

Reaction score
To be honest before this conversation I haven’t really considered Drake’s jeans been cut in any special way except the front pockets… Interesting. Would be great to see more fitpics and styling choices. @CasuallyWorked ’s fitpics any chance? You have them in several colors and said you they work well for you ?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
To be honest before this conversation I haven’t really considered Drake’s jeans been cut in any special way except the front pockets… Interesting. Would be great to see more fitpics and styling choices. @CasuallyWorked ’s fitpics any chance? You have them in several colors and said you they work well for you ?

i'll do my best jason jules impression this weekend and post a few pics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics