• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rasmusp

Reaction score
I'm considering picking up the orange gilet. Did your normal size or a size down?

Other than that, I am not too excited by the archive sale this time around. Perhaps the fun, quirky things of the past were picked up in the recent IRL archive sales in London and NYC.

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
I'm considering picking up the orange gilet. Did your normal size or a size down?

Other than that, I am not too excited by the archive sale this time around. Perhaps the fun, quirky things of the past were picked up in the recent IRL archive sales in London and NYC.
I picked up my normal size.

bism416

Reaction score
Grabbed one of the needlecord chore coats. Not sure about sizing but I am in London so hopefully returns won't be too much of a thing.

The Raglan sleeve tweed jacked was up in 38/40 and I was waffling about whether or not I should get it and it sold out! The search for the perfect (and that I can afford) balmacaan continues...

nycs10011

Reaction score
Missed all the Baribeaud-Andreotti accessories again. Really loved these even if the last thing I need is another pocket square or scarf.

Hencey

Reaction score
anyone know how the ripstop 2 pocket over shirts fit? usually size up in their over shirts but not sure if the ripstop fabric will shrink like the other ones
Curious of this myself. I'd be surprised if the ripstop would shrink much so I went TTS and crossing my fingers it works out.

tgaith77

Reaction score
I picked up my normal size.

I needed to size down on the vest. I'm a 46 in the suiting, but got a 42 in the vest. Fit perfect.

I ended up returning the royal blue vest a while back. My only hang up was the color, it read too purple for my liking, especially against other blues/ denim/ navy stuff. The olive was the one I was really after.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Does anyone have any real life photos of the Ecru games suit (or separates)? Cannot tell if it is too white an off-white or not!

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
I needed to size down on the vest. I'm a 46 in the suiting, but got a 42 in the vest. Fit perfect.

I ended up returning the royal blue vest a while back. My only hang up was the color, it read too purple for my liking, especially against other blues/ denim/ navy stuff. The olive was the one I was really after.
I just bought a smaller size on your advice, will have to return the larger size. I looked at the measurements, my size is an inch wider. Cheers mate.

I got the orange one!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the orange and the olive. I held off on the blue for the reason you mentioned. I haven't worked out how best to wear the orange yet. The olive gets the most wear.. I'm a 40 and got a 38 in the vest which fits comfortably over chunky jumpers.

13b8db5022ab2d4bd85b3b681ad1cdb09824cca3.jpg

Moss

Reaction score
Site worked better this go around. Picked up a few Oxford cloth button downs in the hard to stock 15.75 and a Japanese flannel shirt. Hope the stock is actually there, lol.

rasmusp

Reaction score
I have the orange and the olive. I held off on the blue for the reason you mentioned. I haven't worked out how best to wear the orange yet. The olive gets the most wear.. I'm a 40 and got a 38 in the vest which fits comfortably over chunky jumpers.

13b8db5022ab2d4bd85b3b681ad1cdb09824cca3.jpg
I like the idea of the casentino gilet quite a bit, but bright orange is perhaps not the easiest color to wear for most purposes. It's probably a good color for more "sporty" activities, like cycling or hiking. I'll see if I can convince myself that I'd use it enough to justify getting it.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the centre back measurement of a size 40 sport coat (I’m looking at tweed) from the current seasons? I’m 6,1 and am ok with anything from 30 to 31 inches but always suspect modern garments of being shorter than this and the sleeves in the pictures are not far off the front hem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics