• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nostalgiaultra

Reaction score
3 top layers and shorts? Not sure what climate this aspirational fit would be for :)

You mean you've never experienced polo coat and shorts weather?

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.35.38 AM.png

Mad_Hatter

Reaction score
And the Archive Sale is live.

Everything is too cheap and/or too expensive! Or something.

kentpope

Reaction score
Shirts advertised at 3 for $275 which is a steal, but discount was not applied in cart. Refreshed the page a few times and now the "3 for $275" notice is missing. Booooooooooooo.

Last edited:

keepondigging

Reaction score
Re: Camel Coat and Shorts photo

To be fair, stuff like that is meant to be taken conceptually, not literally. Alot of the looks that Drake's are showcasing are done just to give an impression of how certain silhouettes, textures, fabrics and colours contrast and compliment each other. To me that photo has a pleasing aesthetic, because it is nice to see fun coloured Corduroy and a Camel Coat together. But of course I acknowledge that the outfit is nonsensical from a practical perspective. Drake's lookbooks arent always meant to be a 1:1 guide of how you should be wearing their clothes though. And this isn't new. Ralph Lauren has done this since forever. And those 80s Armani looks that everyone has been gushing about lately were also full of completely impractically layered outfits. Doesn't mean people can't take something away from them though.

To me I just hope they balance it a bit more. As I'm not a fan of the ALD direction the brand is going in personally. But I'm happy for that to exist if they are trying to cater to a new market, just as long as more down to earth lookbooks and styling will still be done.

Anyway, I shall now let this post be washed away in a sea of Archive Sale chatter!

kentpope

Reaction score
Drake's is also, once again, falsely advertising the canvas construction of their jackets. This jacket in particular, among others, is completely unlined with no canvas, but it's described as having "half-canvas construction." This is really disappointing from a brand that purports to be about quality. Not saying these aren't nice clothes, but they need to do a lot better than this.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, some of this stuff is recent, not really "archive". For example, those ripstop overshirts are from this spring/summer. I saw them on their main website just a couple of days ago at full price, and now they're 70% off.
I don't totally understand this sale model but ?‍♂️

kentpope

Reaction score
A word of advice to anyone browsing. The filters don't really work properly, at least not the few that I tried. For example, if you filter by "shirts" you'll get some of the shirts but not all. If you filter by "clothing" you only see a page worth of inventory. You have to remove the filters and just look through everything to make sure you're seeing everything in stock. Not sure if this applies to all filters or just some of them. Hope that is helpful.

Nat25

Reaction score
anyone know how the ripstop 2 pocket over shirts fit? usually size up in their over shirts but not sure if the ripstop fabric will shrink like the other ones

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
Usually I’m on top of the sales, I’m there at midnight waiting. Shame on you guys, by 8am on the day of the sale you’ve usually left me nothing, but not today ?

I picked up the casentino gilet in royal blue and orange, the canvas sailing chore coat in yellow, and an assortment of shirt. quite happy!

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Was thinking about the casentino gilets.. but how would you wear them?

Picked up the only rugby shirt (ochre), blue white striped spread collar shirt, cotton linen navy brown white checked work shirt, and red wool long sleeved polo. Luckily a few expensive items which wereinterestimg but not that high on my wish list were out of stock in my size, for example the yellow suede chore jacket.

I’ve also noticed the d43 techno fabric jacket being on sale again. Just want to highlight that it is an excellent piece, very underrated imho, and I even paid full price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads