• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

polyfusion

Reaction score
Yes to both but mostly disorganized as they had limit on no. of people inside at once. Some snapshots from a video I took.

Edit - to add further: staff was very helpful as always and they were continuously reorganizing stuff. Also said they’ll likely restock some stuff like shirts next week.

London wasn’t much better. Don’t love seeing this tbh.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
:) 20 minutes ago from now
4C5D0B9E-9D6F-4262-B997-76305995398D.png

AmicusCuriae

Reaction score
Just got back from the NY Sample Sale and echoing what's been said above. Great prices, decent array of sizes and a surprisingly broad selection (which might not last all that long, given the line-up was around the corner when I left).

I should have taken photos of pricing, but from what I remember, shirts were 3 for 225, knitwear was 125, and outerwear was 200-400 depending on the piece. Tailoring selection was smaller, but seemed to have at least a few items in each size. Also, overshirts were at the same 3x225 price which was a welcome bonus at check out. Got all the below for under 700$ including tax (the two on the right are linen overshirts).

IMG_1774.jpg

jalebi

Reaction score
Damn work getting in the way. couldn't get out till now and it looks like it'll be too late. Agggg! Why couldn't they have the 8pm close on Friday too!?!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because of tonight’s game, of course ?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the NY Sample Sale and echoing what's been said above. Great prices, decent array of sizes and a surprisingly broad selection (which might not last all that long, given the line-up was around the corner when I left).

I should have taken photos of pricing, but from what I remember, shirts were 3 for 225, knitwear was 125, and outerwear was 200-400 depending on the piece. Tailoring selection was smaller, but seemed to have at least a few items in each size. Also, overshirts were at the same 3x225 price which was a welcome bonus at check out. Got all the below for under 700$ including tax (the two on the right are linen overshirts).

View attachment 1626550

Nice haul!

vanmosh

Reaction score
I really wanted to go yesterday but couldn't make it and ended up going this morning. Here’s the price list for NYC.

EEAE7628-8157-49C1-A969-4775D298D362.JPG

Had a couple of items in mind when going in that I didn’t see but left with a couple of knits and a cashmere scarf that caught my eye in the fall but I couldn’t justify purchasing at the time. Silk scarves are mostly gone with the exception a few Octopus scarves, but a huge amount of ties and pocket squares still to be picked through.

Overall, really great selection for the price. Truthfully, during the Archive Sale, I saw, mulled over for a couple of days, and eventually passed on a few of the items that I ended up purchasing today. There's something about standing in the hot sun on Canal Street for thirty minutes that makes you feel like you need to mark the occasion and of course the additional discount pushed me over the edge. I did leave a really lovely Games suit on the rack though, so proud of that.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to go yesterday but couldn't make it and ended up going this morning. Here’s the price list for NYC.

View attachment 1626623

Had a couple of items in mind when going in that I didn’t see but left with a couple of knits and a cashmere scarf that caught my eye in the fall but I couldn’t justify purchasing at the time. Silk scarves are mostly gone with the exception a few Octopus scarves, but a huge amount of ties and pocket squares still to be picked through.

Overall, really great selection for the price. Truthfully, during the Archive Sale, I saw, mulled over for a couple of days, and eventually passed on a few of the items that I ended up purchasing today. There's something about standing in the hot sun on Canal Street for thirty minutes that makes you feel like you need to mark the occasion and of course the additional discount pushed me over the edge. I did leave a really lovely Games suit on the rack though, so proud of that.

Are the Edward Green shoes $150???

polyfusion

Reaction score
Honestly, I felt pretty sick today going in.
Went in and so many clothes I’d spent a lot of money on over the last few years, all reduced to nothing. Ties I’d spent £145 on down to £25, knitwear I’d bought at 200 down to 45.
£1200 jackets were £195. I’d always considered drakes quite special and a visit there special, and it suddenly felt like visiting primark.
Wish I’d have bought more but something about it didn’t sit right and I almost couldn’t do it.
Lost a bit of respect for Drakes maybe?
Also seriously wondered if Drakes has financial issues?

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
Honestly, I felt pretty sick today going in.
Went in and so many clothes I’d spent a lot of money on over the last few years, all reduced to nothing. Ties I’d spent £145 on down to £25, knitwear I’d bought at 200 down to 45.
£1200 jackets were £195. I’d always considered drakes quite special and a visit there special, and it suddenly felt like visiting primark.
Wish I’d have bought more but something about it didn’t sit right and I almost couldn’t do it.
Lost a bit of respect for Drakes maybe?
Also seriously wondered if Drakes has financial issues?
I thought the same thing, I’m glad I’m not the only one. Jumpers I treasured that cost a fortune were on the floor with £45 stickers scrawled across them. It was disconcerting, I must say.

I picked up a fair few things and do wish that I picked up more.

As for financial difficulty, they did the same thing in 2019 in collaboration with Ettinger if I recall correctly, so I think they’re alright in that regard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads