• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
Just left the London sale.

I arrived around 5 and it was quiet. Left closer to 6 and it was quite busy but no queue.

Previously posted pricing seems correct. I was surprised by the amount of good looking tailoring. I don’t own any drakes tailoring and found it to be too boxy for my lanky frame

I grabbed a shirt and scarf. When I was waiting to check out there was a woman behind me with an armful of scarves and it made me feel like going back for more as they are a steal at that price but the checkout was so slow I couldn’t deal with the idea of going to the back of the queue.
Was there much left in the way of shirts and jumpers?

bism416

Reaction score
Was there much left in the way of shirts and jumpers?

Lots of shirts from 15 1/2 to 16 (this is where I was looking). Less ocdb’s (my preference), kind of an eclectic mix of stuff (gingham checks, odd stripes etc). Tuxedo shirts going for a song in the corner.

Jumpers I didn’t really look at for long but there was a table full of stuff. I remember there being more “proper knitwear” than sweatshirts.

The Edward Green selection looked pretty big too. I think they were priced about 400

jamesnyc

Reaction score
If anyone visited NY sample sale, how’s the wait time? Also, do they have Shawl Collar Cardigans in stock? (Size 42 or up)

polyfusion

Reaction score
Ties at the drakes london sale were a steal. Came out clutching 8 in the end. £25 a tie for the very same ones I’d looked at at full price last summer was hard to refuse. Of course the most special drakes ties weren’t in the sample sale, but still some great basics. Nice grenadines, some plain knitted and some really nice prints too. Happy with my haul.
On a lesser note, I didn’t love seeing people just chucking clothes on the floor. I kept wanting to shout “this is drakes of saville row. Have some respect”. Felt sympathy for the awesome drakes staff who had to put up with a pretty bad day at the office I imagine.

Pulpo

Reaction score
Went to the NYC sale around noon and waited about 30-40 mins, but seemed like I got there at the busiest time. Selection was honestly pretty insane. Lots of great product, lots of sizes. Got a tweed sport coat, ocbd, tie, and chinos. Plenty of oxfords and chambrays, lots of bengal striped shirts, and some linen overshirts and other odds and ends mixed in. Tons of ties but, like the London sale, lots of basics. Didn't check the knits I'm afraid.

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
Ties at the drakes london sale were a steal. Came out clutching 8 in the end. £25 a tie for the very same ones I’d looked at at full price last summer was hard to refuse. Of course the most special drakes ties weren’t in the sample sale, but still some great basics. Nice grenadines, some plain knitted and some really nice prints too. Happy with my haul.
On a lesser note, I didn’t love seeing people just chucking clothes on the floor. I kept wanting to shout “this is drakes of saville row. Have some respect”. Felt sympathy for the awesome drakes staff who had to put up with a pretty bad day at the office I imagine.

what sort of time did you go? I’ll be going in the morning, reckon there’ll be anything of any worth left?

keepondigging

Reaction score
To anyone who visited the London sale, did they have any of the printed scarves? Like the wispy Wool & Silk blend ones with exotic prints? Or was it just the more wintery tartan checks and solids? £45 would be a great price for the printed scarves. Thinking of heading there tomorrow...

polyfusion

Reaction score
what sort of time did you go? I’ll be going in the morning, reckon there’ll be anything of any worth left?

I went at about 5. Loads left. Brilliant selection of Ties , good amount of knitwear and plenty of tailored jackets. Not many games suits and shirts in my size (15) were running low.

I asked if they’d have new stock tomorrow and they said definitely lots more ties, possibly some more knitwear and shirts but no more suiting other than what they had on show.

IMO, if you like ties, get down and stock up. You won’t get a chance like that for drakes ties anytime soon

polyfusion

Reaction score
To anyone who visited the London sale, did they have any of the printed scarves? Like the wispy Wool & Silk blend ones with exotic prints? Or was it just the more wintery tartan checks and solids? £45 would be a great price for the printed scarves. Thinking of heading there tomorrow...

literally millions. I saw a woman coming out holding , in all seriousness, maybe 30.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have the horticultural society chore coat? Did anyone see it? Also, wool/silk scarves with small animals and flowers on them? :p

polyfusion

Reaction score
Do they have the horticultural society chore coat? Did anyone see it? Also, wool/silk scarves with small animals and flowers on them? :p
I think everything was broadly from 2020 and before; didn’t see anything from this season.

I saw plenty of scarves in different prints but afraid I didn’t look at them in much detail as was too busy clutching handfuls of ties

bootyboy

Reaction score
Chaotic as in crowded or disorganized?
Yes to both but mostly disorganized as they had limit on no. of people inside at once. Some snapshots from a video I took.

Edit - to add further: staff was very helpful as always and they were continuously reorganizing stuff. Also said they’ll likely restock some stuff like shirts next week.

Attachments

• E5218404-C997-430A-BB8C-470C8A5F555E.jpeg
    E5218404-C997-430A-BB8C-470C8A5F555E.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 3C7E4A30-66EF-4F47-935C-022338C9754E.jpeg
    3C7E4A30-66EF-4F47-935C-022338C9754E.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 198
  • AF8B6DD5-C576-4E04-88E7-97380B4B80DB.jpeg
    AF8B6DD5-C576-4E04-88E7-97380B4B80DB.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 205
  • A8755543-E189-48AF-A247-67BBF27E0A34.jpeg
    A8755543-E189-48AF-A247-67BBF27E0A34.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 209

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads