• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andsoitgoes

Reaction score
For those stateside, anyone know what happened to the Crosby Street store? -- and if so, will Drake's look to keep a NYC address? Nice guys and really handy to make returns instead of shipping overseas.

mbb355

Reaction score
For those stateside, anyone know what happened to the Crosby Street store? -- and if so, will Drake's look to keep a NYC address? Nice guys and really handy to make returns instead of shipping overseas.
My understanding is that they're switching locations in NYC, but I don't remember where I heard that. I think there's no way they abandon an NYC store entirely.

bism416

Reaction score
I might try to pop into the London sale after work tomorrow.

Anyone been to one of their sample sales before and have an idea (or wish to speculate wildly) as to pricing? Like are we talking ‘archive sale’, previous haberdasher st outlet pricing etc

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I’ll be going to the sample sale in London this Friday. For anybody who can’t make it, I’m happy to exchange WhatsApp details and provided that you pay for packaging (and the items obviously) then I’ll quite happily pick some stuff up for you!
Many thanks for the kind offer! Is there any way we can see what’s on offer, including sizes and prices? Apart from you making pics?!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The linen short sleeve camp collar shirts are quite nice. Two arrived earlier this week. Perfect for our record high temps.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How‘s the sizing and if you have the white one: is it see through?

I find the size Large a tad trimmer than the size Large longsleeve linen shirts from 2019 and a tad trimmer than a size 42/16.5 linen long sleeve from last year. The white is somewhat see-through, just enough where you can slightly make out the waist of dark trousers. But, I wouldn't want the linen to be any heavier in my warm summer climate.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
I find the size Large a tad trimmer than the size Large longsleeve linen shirts from 2019 and a tad trimmer than a size 42/16.5 linen long sleeve from last year. The white is somewhat see-through, just enough where you can slightly make out the waist of dark trousers. But, I wouldn't want the linen to be any heavier in my warm summer climate.
Thank you, that‘s very helpful. I‘m a 16.5 in the OCBD so this one would probably be a XL.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
I'm 16.5 in the OCBD and am happy with the large in linen. It really depends upon how full of a fit that you want.
OK, thanks. Is the shirt very short? Length of the L is 64cm according to Drake‘s. Is that true? Thank you for answering my questions and doing the job of Drake‘s customer service :)

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Drakes sent out an alert about the closure of Crosby Street, in the same email they said stay tuned for future NY store news. It appears they are just looking for a different (better?) location.

Andsoitgoes

Reaction score
Drakes sent out an alert about the closure of Crosby Street, in the same email they said stay tuned for future NY store news. It appears they are just looking for a different (better?) location.

Awesome, thanks -- that's reassuring. Less reassuring is why I didn't see that notice. NYC landlords are a fickle bunch, so hopefully they find a place with perhaps more agreeable terms for the long haul. Or they could just move to DC, set up shop next to Sid M, and call it a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads