• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calanon

Reaction score
Casentino vest is back...limited sizing on the olive. Any idea if it runs true to size or slightly larger? I ordered a 42 (free express shipping!), but it may be on the small side for me.
Ohhh yes but now I have no idea what colour to get/if I actually should get one!

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Casentino vest is back...limited sizing on the olive. Any idea if it runs true to size or slightly larger? I ordered a 42 (free express shipping!), but it may be on the small side for me.
It's been sat in my basket all day in a kind of "Should I... Shouldn't I..?" kind of way.

I'm also not sure on the sizing, I generally always wear a 38 or 48 in EU, but Drake's can be a bit strange at times. I sized up on a lambswool shawl from that and it fits very well, the 38 would have been too small.

Did you buy your usual size?

Nat25

Reaction score
It's been sat in my basket all day in a kind of "Should I... Shouldn't I..?" kind of way.

I'm also not sure on the sizing, I generally always wear a 38 or 48 in EU, but Drake's can be a bit strange at times. I sized up on a lambswool shawl from that and it fits very well, the 38 would have been too small.

I have the gray one. I take a 40 in blazers and sized down to 38 bc I wanted to wear it under a light jacket and not over.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it helps, I’m usually a 42, took my usual 42 in the last iteration of this vest, loved the fit, then gained a few pounds that put my chest closer to a 44, but still like the fit of this a lot more than some other stuff that now feels tight. To me, it seems pretty easy to size, although I’d resist sizing down.

tgaith77

Reaction score
No, I'm a 46 in the suiting (!). However, the chest measurement seemed doable. Also, it's a vest; I can sometimes get away with a smaller size since there's no sleeves (not as constricting). The double zip front helps tremendously with a "dynamic" waist size.

With free express shipping, it was worth a shot. We will see...

Nat25

Reaction score
This is going to be my new favourite saying, thank you..

But I agree I love a two way zip.

@Nat25 @zenosparadox Would you both give this a big recommendation? Also thank you both for your input...

i have about 50 or so items from drakes if I had to guess. This is easily top 2-3. So many nice details that I don’t see on some of their other high priced stuff. I bought it on sale to be fair but I think it’s a good buy at retail and you’ll own forever. I have Grey if anyone buying green is interested I may be up for a swap.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly totally perplexed at how popular these vests are. At £500, what is the appeal and in what context are people wearing these?

Nat25

Reaction score
Honestly totally perplexed at how popular these vests are. At £500, what is the appeal and in what context are people wearing these?

i live in ny and wear mine a ton. I think it’s versatile for layering or can be worn w no jacket over. I would say btw March and April I wear more than any other item I own

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the price really out of line with the rest of their stuff?

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i live in ny and wear mine a ton. I think it’s versatile for layering or can be worn w no jacket over. I would say btw March and April I wear more than any other item I own

Thanks. Is that just casual weekend wear, or in a Midtown uniform way, or when literally doing outdoor activities? Maybe the look just hasn’t caught on where I am yet.

Nat25

Reaction score
Thanks. Is that just casual weekend wear, or in a Midtown uniform way, or when literally doing outdoor activities? Maybe the look just hasn’t caught on where I am yet.

I wear to the office over a button down and sweater, or on the weekends to go run errands. I don’t plan on going back to suits and ties regularly any time soon to work.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a9c06b174bbf9b2ac9b19ca38ee93b567ee1c917.jpg
282a95979dd50e3d460b75179b494bafe5dcd2d2.jpg

All Drake's today including the unseen socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics