• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can MTO the overshirts in other fabrics FYI. I haven't tried it, and it's probably expensive, but the option exists.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can MTO the overshirts in other fabrics FYI. I haven't tried it, and it's probably expensive, but the option exists.

I had them make me an over shirt MTO last year, I don't recall the exact dollar amount but I think they just charged me retail of similar over shirts.

So, yes, you can get one in linen. Another benefit of doing MOT (besides getting exact fabric and color you want) is the ability to configure pockets. No pocket, patch, or pleated patch, at each of the four front pocket locations, plus interior pocket.

garigo

Reaction score
I had them make me an over shirt MTO last year, I don't recall the exact dollar amount but I think they just charged me retail of similar over shirts.

So, yes, you can get one in linen. Another benefit of doing MOT (besides getting exact fabric and color you want) is the ability to configure pockets. No pocket, patch, or pleated patch, at each of the four front pocket locations, plus interior pocket.
Thanks! Out of curiosity, what configuration did you get for your MTO?

mbb355

Reaction score

Good to know but I wish they offered these MTO services on their website so customers could peruse available fabrics, colors, configurations, etc etc online.

garigo

Reaction score
Just putting this here for inspiration (not mine unfortunately)...

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

mbb355

Reaction score
These look great. The linen ones are great spring/summer casual pieces, when you want to feel a little tailored but not full sportcoat/trousers. Not many other options for casual warm-weather "third pieces" (in add'n to shirt/trousers).

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look great. The linen ones are great spring/summer casual pieces, when you want to feel a little tailored but not full sportcoat/trousers. Not many other options for casual warm-weather "third pieces" (in add'n to shirt/trousers).

Concur. I find myself always needing more pockets and usually prefer a sport coat, so this one (above), a washed linen piece I grabbed from Crosby street and one from another maker are my "go to" when the mercury climbs.

Sammm

Reaction score
Blimey. I just received my ecru jeans and I think I’ll have to return them. The color and design is beautiful, but the cut doesn’t work for me. I mostly wear roomy, double-pleated chinos and I just can’t deal with the degree of tightness in the thighs and crotch of these jeans.

These are probably the first regular-fitting jeans I’ve tried since I was a kid. All the other jeans I own are single-pleated, by the French brand Bleu de Paname, relaxed cut with a taper. (I think BdP stopped making jeans, sadly.) I know pleated jeans sound like a joke or an abomination, but trust me, they don’t look weird. They sit about as high on the waist as the Drake’s model, but the added pleats plus the slightly lower crotch allow for so much more comfort and freedom of movement.

I’ll accept I’m the exception here, I know the entire world happily wears flat-fronted, crotch-tight jeans. But it’s so uncomfortable to me. I don’t want to feel any stress on my groin or lower belly when I sit down, I don’t want to even think about where I should squeeze in my reproductive organs, and I want to be able to put my hands in my front pockets effortlessly.

Maybe I could make the Drake’s model work by taking one or two sizes bigger and altering the waist, but those sizes are gone.

I’m not deep in the denim world, so if anyone has a tip for higher-rise jeans that also are more generously cut on top (ecru or not), I’m all ears. For now, signing off and sliding back into my Bill’s M1P khakis. Peace.

garigo

Reaction score
Blimey. I just received my ecru jeans and I think I’ll have to return them. The color and design is beautiful, but the cut doesn’t work for me. I mostly wear roomy, double-pleated chinos and I just can’t deal with the degree of tightness in the thighs and crotch of these jeans.

These are probably the first regular-fitting jeans I’ve tried since I was a kid. All the other jeans I own are single-pleated, by the French brand Bleu de Paname, relaxed cut with a taper. (I think BdP stopped making jeans, sadly.) I know pleated jeans sound like a joke or an abomination, but trust me, they don’t look weird. They sit about as high on the waist as the Drake’s model, but the added pleats plus the slightly lower crotch allow for so much more comfort and freedom of movement.

I’ll accept I’m the exception here, I know the entire world happily wears flat-fronted, crotch-tight jeans. But it’s so uncomfortable to me. I don’t want to feel any stress on my groin or lower belly when I sit down, I don’t want to even think about where I should squeeze in my reproductive organs, and I want to be able to put my hands in my front pockets effortlessly.

Maybe I could make the Drake’s model work by taking one or two sizes bigger and altering the waist, but those sizes are gone.

I’m not deep in the denim world, so if anyone has a tip for higher-rise jeans that also are more generously cut on top (ecru or not), I’m all ears. For now, signing off and sliding back into my Bill’s M1P khakis. Peace.
If that helps, I was told they will restock the ecru denim in all sizes later in the season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads