• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a length of fabric I bought in B&S from Europe. I don't really know why you think things need to be segmented by region
If you are in the U.K. then you have to pay vat at 20%, duty and a handling charge. Adds about 30% to the price. The price for, say, a used Drake’s jacket would be comparable between the U.K. and the US, but I have nothing further to pay on the one in the U.K.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To bring this topic back to Drake’s apparel, I wonder if they’d ever consider selling suits and sport coats that were made in England.

Would reinforce the heritage aspect of their brand, and perhaps improve the silhouette of their current offerings (seems like some don’t like the current Drake’s cut).

As a point of comparison, Huntsman’s RTW tailoring is now made in England (it was made by D’Avenza and Caruso previously).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To bring this topic back to Drake’s apparel, I wonder if they’d ever consider selling suits and sport coats that were made in England.

Would reinforce the heritage aspect of their brand, and perhaps improve the silhouette of their current offerings (seems like some don’t like the current Drake’s cut).

As a point of comparison, Huntsman’s RTW tailoring is now made in England (it was made by D’Avenza and Caruso previously).

I've always thought of Drake's as being a more international brand, mixing British, Italian, and American influences. Many strictly-traditional British brands are kind of stuff by comparison. And FWIW, Michael Drake used to travel the world selling Belvest sport coats.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooooo... I got that mystery $75 jacket.

A3769DAE-D44D-46A7-B8BC-A48D590742B3.jpeg
6209884B-8A9F-4E6C-9158-E373A37831C8.jpeg

Amazing piece! Perfect fit, to boot. $1,595 retail!

justinpledger

Reaction score
I never button the neck of my flannel shirts, so that part wouldn't bother me. Personally, I would go by how the chest, shoulders, and sleeves fit.

If a shirt shrinks, it's usually lengthwise, not width.

If neither of those sizes work for you, Freenote Cloth used the same fabric this season. The style is slightly different -- the bias-cut pockets and cat-eye buttons throw this more towards a workwear vibe, I think. If you wanted it to fit a more "Drake's aesthetic," I think you would want to change the buttons. But the sizing may fit you better, depending on what you're looking for. I'm linking Freenote's site, but you can find the same shirt by just Googling around.

Wow! Thank you so, so much! This is so helpful and completely brilliant. I'm very grateful so thank you again :) Just brilliant!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always thought of Drake's as being a more international brand, mixing British, Italian, and American influences. Many strictly-traditional British brands are kind of stuff by comparison. And FWIW, Michael Drake used to travel the world selling Belvest sport coats.

I agree. I think it could work as a special capsule collection.

rasmusp

Reaction score

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did we end up on a Drake’s Buy / Sell / Trade thread? I’m happy to start one or ask permission to do so.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my European €365-version of the same jacket (with finished cuffs). It feels like wearing a cardigan and the deep navy is great! Sadly, I think it's a tad short for me, so I will probably return it :/

Yeah, it's insane how light and soft it is. It really feels like you're wearing a sweater. Super impressed with it as a more casual jacket. Definitely lucked out.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered this in size 46. Fingers crossed it fits nice and slouchy like my NMWA Scott & Charters size M cardigans (and fingers crossed that this sale goes through!).

View attachment 1562236

This beauty arrived from the Archives sale in less than four days from the UK after placing my order.

The color is gorgeous and versatile, at least with my wardrobe. The size 46 fit is close to the NMWA Scott & Charters size M. I think the S&C is a little more slouchy, with thicker wool, than the Drake's. It actually is a bit more "yellow" in real life than pictured below. (Shirt and tie also Drake's, 'cause why not?) I'd say the Drake's photos are accurate. Very happy with my first Archives purchase, lurking on Drake's site and waiting for it to go on sale was worth it :)

IMG_3955.jpg

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score
I’m really glad someone mentioned Rubato. I’ve been intrigued by this brand for a long time but yet to make a purchase. Always wondered if it was as good as it looks.Absolutely love their classic menswear feel, almost 1950s, but with a hint of modern scandi elegance . really cool and totally unique I think.

Build quality is superb. Wears better than any other knitwear I have purchased, at least for me. Wool is a medium thickness. The style is slightly cropped and tapered—extends your lower half and broadens your shoulders; a very vintage feeling cut. Excellent choice of palette in all their clothing and everything goes with everything else. I really want this brand supported because no one comes to mind that is doing exactly what they are. I recently bought a hat from them just to support them.

(their hats are nice too)

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This beauty arrived from the Archives sale in less than four days from the UK after placing my order.

The color is gorgeous and versatile, at least with my wardrobe. The size 46 fit is close to the NMWA Scott & Charters size M. I think the S&C is a little more slouchy, with thicker wool, than the Drake's. It actually is a bit more "yellow" in real life than pictured below. (Shirt and tie also Drake's, 'cause why not?) I'd say the Drake's photos are accurate. Very happy with my first Archives purchase, lurking on Drake's site and waiting for it to go on sale was worth it :)

View attachment 1568637
Looks great. Out of interest what size are you in a suit/sport coat.

mbb355

Reaction score
Build quality is superb. Wears better than any other knitwear I have purchased, at least for me. Wool is a medium thickness. The style is slightly cropped and tapered—extends your lower half and broadens your shoulders; a very vintage feeling cut. Excellent choice of palette in all their clothing and everything goes with everything else. I really want this brand supported because no one comes to mind that is doing exactly what they are. I recently bought a hat from them just to support them.

(their hats are nice too)
Are the sweaters thin enough to wear comfortably under tailoring? Cut looks very nice and love the thick ribbing along the collar and hem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads