• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

polyfusion

Reaction score
I own the fawn wool/cotton. I think that jacket might be an outlier as it’s the weirdest fitting Drakes piece I’ve ever worn. The fabric is beautiful though and the jacket is so versatile. But it runs big.
I tried the size below on in the store and it was too small.. it’s a super strange cut . Too big in my size but too small a size down. Hard to pin point, but as mentioned above both other tweeds jackets from drakes I own, both from different manufactures are also weird cuts. The tweed itself has something to do with it .

vanmosh

Reaction score
Somehow the $1000 'fleece' makes the $500 fleece look "cheap" in comparison and I'm not talking about price anchoring.

fs2a1w-21001.01-800_-updated.jpg cas-80cot-21265-001_lr.jpg

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the $500 one. Seems more of a hassle when it comes to maintenance (assuming you can’t throw this in washing machine) versus a fleece from say Patagonia and frankly won’t be as good (Patagonia is windproof).

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Just received this email

Hello Jon,

Thank you for ordering from the Drake's Archive.

We are writing to let you know that all or part of your order, which is being shipped from our New York warehouse has been delayed. We expect to have your order dispatched in the next five to seven days. We apologise for this delay as well as any inconvenience caused. We understand that this can cause frustration and rest assured we will have your order with you as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Customer Care

Delivery & Returns

Email:- [email protected]

No. 3 Haberdasher Street
London, N1 6ED
drakes.com

polyfusion

Reaction score
I don’t get the $500 one. Seems more of a hassle when it comes to maintenance (assuming you can’t throw this in washing machine) versus a fleece from say Patagonia and frankly won’t be as good (Patagonia is windproof).
This just looks like an item priced to be reduced in next archive sale at 70% off. If you can afford to pay that much on a fleece, more power to you and your obvious success in life, but I don’t think this represents a lot of Drakes customers.

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
Just received this email

Hello Jon,

We are writing to let you know that all or part of your order, which is being shipped from our New York warehouse has been delayed. We expect to have your order dispatched in the next five to seven days. We apologise for this delay as well as any inconvenience caused. We understand that this can cause frustration and rest assured we will have your order with you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Customer Care

Delivery & Returns

No. 3 Haberdasher Street
London, N1 6ED
drakes.com
I'm kind of hoping I get that message soon too. Still waiting on shipping for something I ordered the day after I ordered a suit I received in the mail yesterday.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received this email

Hello Jon,

Kind Regards
Customer Care

Delivery & Returns

No. 3 Haberdasher Street
London, N1 6ED
drakes.com
That’s odd, you’re in the U.K. aren’t you?

tgaith77

Reaction score
Got my first order (the green seersucker suit) today. It's great!

I remember seeing it a few years ago and wishing I could afford it back then.

Still waiting on shipment of my second purchase, which I bought the next day.

When did you order the seersucker suit? I ordered one literally in the last hour of the sale...charged my card, but still haven't heard anything.

jalebi

Reaction score
That’s odd, you’re in the U.K. aren’t you?

My cashmere golf intarsia jumper shipped from NY too. They said it was delivery duty paid, but I had to pay import charges due to a UPS error (Drake's refunded me the charges).

mbb355

Reaction score
I don't think it's weird that items ship from NY to UK buyers. The point of the Archive Sale is to dump inventory wherever it's located.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
I own the fawn wool/cotton. I think that jacket might be an outlier as it’s the weirdest fitting Drakes piece I’ve ever worn. The fabric is beautiful though and the jacket is so versatile. But it runs big.
I guess that explains why it looks so short on JJ in the lookbook. He probably sized down. It‘s really a weird fit and I‘ll have to send it back (sie 44/54). If anyone‘s selling the same size in the older cut, let me know :)

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's weird that items ship from NY to UK buyers. The point of the Archive Sale is to dump inventory wherever it's located.
It’s the duty point that makes it weird. Although Drakes will be VAT registered so they can pay that at source.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads