• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trevallon

Reaction score
All this talk of shrinking has made me nervous, as my new oxfords all fit me pretty nicely. Do they tend to shrink in the wash quite a bit too? Should I stick to handwashing?
I have their washed american vintage Oxford and it did shrink a tiny bit after a regular cycle in the machine. I also have a cotton/linen blend that was a little to big before the wash and then shrunk to perfection (a little more shrinkage than in the oxford).

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Can any Canadians and/or Americans clarify the return policy and process for items bought in the Archive sale?

Do you ship it back via DHL and Drake's deducts a non-refundable shipping fee from your order? Or do you ship it back via the courier of your choice and at your own out-of-pocket expense?

rob_ed

Reaction score
All this talk of shrinking has made me nervous, as my new oxfords all fit me pretty nicely. Do they tend to shrink in the wash quite a bit too? Should I stick to handwashing?

Yes they do shrink, as is the nature of oxford cloth (or really, like any unwashed cloth I guess). Perhaps by 1 to 2cm everywhere (sleeves, chest. length). After three or so washes they stay like that.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Ordered the Grey Casentino overcoat on Saturday and got the shipping notification yesterday, I'm based in EU.

I received 2 separate notifications, one that said Grey Casentino overcoat and the other one said Brown Casentino, curious which color will actually show up.
Photos please! That coat looked great

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
Got my first order (the green seersucker suit) today. It's great!

I remember seeing it a few years ago and wishing I could afford it back then.

Still waiting on shipment of my second purchase, which I bought the next day.

polyfusion

Reaction score
Whilst I agree that the number one rule of buying in sales is not to get suckered into buying “bargains” that you don’t really want- with the archive sale at least I keep finding things I wasn’t expecting to like that I bought on a whim.
This time it’s the spread collar linen shirts and work shirts . I have tried to stick to button downs only for the last few years with the occasional spread only for formal occasions , but wow, these spread collars by drakes are really really nice, especially on the linen. They crumple up just right , looking very casual and unmannered. Wish I’d bought more.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I’d known the sale was coming I would have bought a lot more. As it is I was able to buy the one item that I’d really wanted.

I’ve added myself to the mailing list so I know about the next one before it’s nearly over!

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
So I‘ve received my orders today. I have ordered two sport coats. I think one is the older block (Bellvest) and that one is fantastic. Reminds me of Ring Jacket, absolutely in love. The newer one is the Fawn Wool-Cotton Tweed. Such a weird fit, huge in the chest, looks and feels like a sack. So sad that Drake‘s decided change its block and maker for its sport coats.

polyfusion

Reaction score
So I‘ve received my orders today. I have ordered two sport coats. I think one is the older block (Bellvest) and that one is fantastic. Reminds me of Ring Jacket, absolutely in love. The newer one is the Fawn Wool-Cotton Tweed. Such a weird fit, huge in the chest, looks and feels like a sack. So sad that Drake‘s decided change its block and maker for its sport coats.

Totally agree on the fit of the tweed vs belvest block. Although, I bought two tweed jackets from drakes a few years ago which are also huge in the chest , so I think they also have a different block for tweed for some reason?

mbb355

Reaction score
I own the fawn wool/cotton. I think that jacket might be an outlier as it’s the weirdest fitting Drakes piece I’ve ever worn. The fabric is beautiful though and the jacket is so versatile. But it runs big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics