• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jalebi

Reaction score
Anyone else pickup the corduroy games coat? Mine arrived yesterday, will post some pics.

Really weighty coat, and seems very versatile.

The archer motif sweatshirts are amazing, just hope they don't shrink too much.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My over shirt arrived today, here are a couple of quick pics - sorry the light isn’t great, but it’s a dull day today.

I bought the M and as a 40 in suits I think the fit is pretty good. The sleeves would have drowned me in an L. I prefer it unbuttoned rather than buttoned, and if I had a thin jumper underneath it would work better unbuttoned too, it would probably be a little snug done up.

4F2D94C2-B855-498D-BF91-3BF308D04FC2.jpeg
D0D087F0-D18C-47CE-B4DE-A3ABC1F16955.jpeg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is such a great lookin casual suit! May I ask what size you are? I restraint myself from ordering because I don't think Drake's works for tall sizes. I am 6.3 (192cm) and would think that the sleeves might end up a tad short...

I'm 6'2 and just bought a sport coat. The sleeves work well for me (my shirtsleeve length is 35 and change, for reference). I will acknowledge that it's probably 0.5 - 1" too short in the body for my preference, but it's not so short that I want to return it (and it covers my seat, just).

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2 and just bought a sport coat. The sleeves work well for me (my shirtsleeve length is 35 and change, for reference). I will acknowledge that it's probably 0.5 - 1" too short in the body for my preference, but it's not so short that I want to return it (and it covers my seat, just).

Here’s a quick photo of said jacket. Excuse the terrible quality.
CC1976D6-FECF-4CE4-BF47-0BC95F0A6053.jpeg

ezev

Reaction score
Ordered the Grey Casentino overcoat on Saturday and got the shipping notification yesterday, I'm based in EU.

I received 2 separate notifications, one that said Grey Casentino overcoat and the other one said Brown Casentino, curious which color will actually show up.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great. I don't think the body is too short, but as you say, that's personal preference. What size did you get? And thanks for the photo.

42R when I typically get 42L. The fit is pretty close to right on for me out of the box.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that jacket is too short for you.

I'll admit I'm on the fence. It's funny though, I've measured 3 times and it's right on the money (+/- a quarter inch) in terms of "jacket length should be equal to pants length below the jacket hem."

I saw your pre-edited comment about a more structured jacket...I do agree that I generally benefit from a more structured shoulder than this one has.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm on the fence. It's funny though, I've measured 3 times and it's right on the money (+/- a quarter inch) in terms of "jacket length should be equal to pants length below the jacket hem."

I saw your pre-edited comment about a more structured jacket...I do agree that I generally benefit from a more structured shoulder than this one has.

It might be the camera angle. I try to not put too much into photos, especially on length, since the camera can distort proportions. Just to my eye, that jacket would look better if it was at least an inch longer.

mbb355

Reaction score
It might be the camera angle. I try to not put too much into photos, especially on length, since the camera can distort proportions. Just to my eye, that jacket would look better if it was at least an inch longer.

As a long-torso'ed gent myself, I can be pretty nitpicky about jacket length. But I'm a bit surprised that you think this jacket needs an extra inch. As far as front length is concerned, I like a jacket to fall just barely below the pants zipper. That seems pretty common and generally accepted. His does that, or very nearly does that. So I agree that, as far as we can tell from the photo, the front length seems at least pretty good.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a long-torso'ed gent myself, I can be pretty nitpicky about jacket length. But I'm a bit surprised that you think this jacket needs an extra inch. As far as front length is concerned, I like a jacket to fall just barely below the pants zipper. That seems pretty common and generally accepted. His does that, or very nearly does that. So I agree that, as far as we can tell from the photo, the front length seems at least pretty good.

I guess where I have landed is that it's not "too short" in terms of being unwearable, but @dieworkwear is probably right that it would look better if it was a little longer. So in light of the fact that I love the jacket itself, I'm opting to keep it and just enjoy it, knowing that it's not perfect, but it's also not wrong or bad (at least to my eye)

'patanoster

Reaction score
All this talk of shrinking has made me nervous, as my new oxfords all fit me pretty nicely. Do they tend to shrink in the wash quite a bit too? Should I stick to handwashing?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
All this talk of shrinking has made me nervous, as my new oxfords all fit me pretty nicely. Do they tend to shrink in the wash quite a bit too? Should I stick to handwashing?
I have always hand washed my oxfords and never felt them shrink

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads