• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acwiz

Reaction score
They used to say wash cold on them

I have 5 of them, 1 was ruined and I learned my lesson and then I sized up and washed to intentionally shrink a little. They wear in much nicer if you can wash them in my opinion. The shine on them will fade and look more broken in.

I might do that I reckon I have a bit of leeway...how much would you say it shrank by?

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Games suit and work shirt from the archive sale. Unfortunately the rugby and hiking shirt were too small and have to go back.

1614714230932.png

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst comes to worst, hand wash it. I hand wash most of my clothes, no shrinkage at all. I’m concerned about the over shirts, too. I got two in a medium, but if they shrunk at all I reckon they’d be unwearable.
Hand washing is a good shout - it tends to be the spin cycle that does the damage.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone shop at the Anderson Sheppard haberdashery. It’s close to the Drake’s shop - great stuff on par with Drake’s

Not a regular customer, but I stopped in the last time i was in London. Very nice shop, some things I really liked, many were too pricey (for me) (over $2000 for a travel/filed jacket)

Very nice knitwear though.

The overshirts are dry clean only. I would not put them in the wash, personally

Unless you are trying to shrink them, yes, dry clean only.

Nat25

Reaction score
Has anyone washed the sweatshirts? I sized up bc I had the green jersey flag sweatshirt in a 42 and it shrunk significantly. Was wondering if the motif sweatshirts will have the same fate. Thx.

justinpledger

Reaction score
does anyone shop at the Anderson Sheppard haberdashery. It’s close to the Drake’s shop - great stuff on par with Drake’s

Their clothes are gorgeous! But oh my, the prices are eye-watering!!! Their raglan sleeve coats are almost double the price of Drake's... Beautiful coats though that's for sure.

the_lebowski

Reaction score
Some fit pics of the navy a-1 cord and the green cotton polo that I grabbed from the archive sale.

Really really like the jacket. The little details such as the different buttons on the hem and the collar band really set it apart. And it seems fairly warm as well.

There is one little issue where where one of the buttons on the jacket has had a couple of stitches undone so it's hanging fairly loosely. But I'm willing to live with it for the price (and will probably just fix it myself)

The polo is pretty neat too. Got it to replace my green Brooks brother polo which I wore into the ground.

Attachments

• 3E625A06-1880-47F6-A71F-CF63D8115B74.jpeg
    3E625A06-1880-47F6-A71F-CF63D8115B74.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 77
  • EB26084D-20F8-4334-BE06-33D02F0AB21A.jpeg
    EB26084D-20F8-4334-BE06-33D02F0AB21A.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 94
  • E72E72D6-00CB-4FDF-9697-BDFD15DF34EF.jpeg
    E72E72D6-00CB-4FDF-9697-BDFD15DF34EF.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 96

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some fit pics of the navy a-1 cord and the green cotton polo that I grabbed from the archive sale.

Really really like the jacket. The little details such as the different buttons on the hem and the collar band really set it apart. And it seems fairly warm as well.

There is one little issue where where one of the buttons on the jacket has had a couple of stitches undone so it's hanging fairly loosely. But I'm willing to live with it for the price (and will probably just fix it myself)

The polo is pretty neat too. Got it to replace my green Brooks brother polo which I wore into the ground.

We got the same jacket in the same size. One of my buttons had loose thread as well. Coincidence, or design flaw?

Either way, it’s a keeper.

the_lebowski

Reaction score
We got the same jacket in the same size. One of my buttons had loose thread as well. Coincidence, or design flaw?

Either way, it’s a keeper.

That's strange. Is it the third button from the bottom by any chance?

How did the jacket end up fitting you btw?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's strange. Is it the third button from the bottom by any chance?

How did the jacket end up fitting you btw?

I’ll double check, but I think it was the top button.

Fit is a tiny bit tight (my true suit size is 39 - I ordered a 38 in the jacket), but there’s no pulling at the buttons or seams. Very happy with it.

mbb355

Reaction score

Out of curiosity, how does the polo collar stand up under a jacket?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Games suit and work shirt from the archive sale. Unfortunately the rugby and hiking shirt were too small and have to go back.

View attachment 1565935

I've also gone down this route today:

a6ba9e5066b8c9518bc4ecb0bef51e2c1dae5fde.jpg

Suit, shirt and shoes are from Drake's. The loafers are Paraboot x Drake's.

Trevallon

Reaction score
I've also gone down this route today:

a6ba9e5066b8c9518bc4ecb0bef51e2c1dae5fde.jpg

Suit, shirt and shoes are from Drake's. The loafers are Paraboot x Drake's.
That is such a great lookin casual suit! May I ask what size you are? I restraint myself from ordering because I don't think Drake's works for tall sizes. I am 6.3 (192cm) and would think that the sleeves might end up a tad short...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads