• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vanmosh

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure where my order shipped from but placed the order on Wednesday night and the parcel just arrived at my doorstep today. No clothing items, went all accessories this time around. Hats, scarves, and pocket squares from the past season, so probably more readily available than some of the deeper archive items.

acwiz

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on sizing of the overshirt? For some reason I can’t get a hold of the sizing chart...

FWIW I ordered on Wednesday night and just shipped on Friday AM.

clt3

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on sizing of the overshirt? For some reason I can’t get a hold of the sizing chart...

FWIW I ordered on Wednesday night and just shipped on Friday AM.
I have two of their overshirts, one in the old two pocket model on the chest and one with the hip pockets. I'm a 38 chest and M is the right size.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
I seem to remember someone on this thread (perhaps @Dadacantona ?) having a bad experience with this particular piece
Yeh that was me. Definitely ran big compared to other, older Drake’s tailoring. It’s not half canvassed - just a very light fusing and that lack of structure is very unflattering on my particular frame.

the_lebowski

Reaction score
I am in the us of a and have a dhl shipping number originating in Docklands, U.K. with no taxes, levies yadayada at all, just shipping..........so far

I ordered from the last archive sale and when it shipped with DHL, I wasn't asked for any duties or taxes (I am in Canada).

This time, I had my order broken down into two different shipments. The first one was with DHL and I haven't been asked for any duties/tax this time either.

The second shipment is being sent through UPS and UPS is asking for about 40% of the package amount in lieu of duties/taxes/brokerage charges.

The Drake's website mentions that any good imported into Canada from their store are not liable for duties due to CETA. And they shipped UPS Expedited which isn't supposed to charge any brokerage fee (it's covered in the cost of the shipment). So the only payment they should be collecting are the taxes.

I have written to UPS to update my invoice so hopefully they fix it soon on their end.

abantigen

Reaction score
I ordered from the last archive sale and when it shipped with DHL, I wasn't asked for any duties or taxes (I am in Canada).

This time, I had my order broken down into two different shipments. The first one was with DHL and I haven't been asked for any duties/tax this time either.

The second shipment is being sent through UPS and UPS is asking for about 40% of the package amount in lieu of duties/taxes/brokerage charges.

The Drake's website mentions that any good imported into Canada from their store are not liable for duties due to CETA. And they shipped UPS Expedited which isn't supposed to charge any brokerage fee (it's covered in the cost of the shipment). So the only payment they should be collecting are the taxes.

I have written to UPS to update my invoice so hopefully they fix it soon on their end.

I had this issue once ordering from Canada. The price you see on the website is all inclusive so you've already paid for taxes as well. Email Drake's and they will sort this problem out for you with UPS.

GFox

Reaction score
i ordered the navy bedford cord a-1 jacket in 38R. If the sizing doesn't work, I'll put it up here at cost.

Shipping confirmed about 12 hours after ordering.

Good take ! You were faster than me as I wanted to get this jacket on last Thursday morning !

Nat25

Reaction score
Any one pull the trigger on the fleece at retail? Was tempted and about to but realized that it’s now not a 2 way zipper and doesn’t have the rings on it. For $500 kind of need it to be more than what it is. Their styled photos must have been samples.

vanmosh

Reaction score

Nat25

Reaction score
That's interesting and disappointing. In the story on the front page they link to this item page that's 404'd: https://www.drakes.com/usa/royal-blue-zip-front-fleece-jacket where as the live link has the "single zip" in the URL: https://www.drakes.com/usa/clothing/royal-blue-single-zip-front-fleece-jacket so I wonder if it was a recent switch.

I don't mind losing the ring zipper, but the lack of two way functionality is a miss.

Agreed
Every shot was styled w the 2 way zip and a great function, especially at that price point.

emptym

Reaction score
I agree. I love 2-way zippers.

polyfusion

Reaction score
After having missed out everything I wanted on round one (brown cord suit, blue a1 etc) , I just went a bit crazy on their OCBD range. I’ve had great experiences with these shirts and just bought 6 more. Should keep me in shirts for a while!

inTROYspection

Reaction score
i bought this in 38 last archive sale, it’s the nicest jacket I own and made me never want to buy a newer drakes jacket again seeing as this older style fits and looks so much better

You have any pictures handy? Curious to see the colour and cut in the wild.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads