• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

polyfusion

Reaction score
Noticed they had the suede a1 in there.
Does anyone know how it compares to a valsterino? Better, worse?
It’s basically the same price in the sale so curious .

polyfusion

Reaction score
is the uk archive website up?
It was yes. And it was the same basically as the US one. Huge amount of last years stock in there. All the tweed tailoring, jumpers, most of the suede and chore jackets , good selection of games suits , OBDe, scarves etc. Looked good. Get your credit card loaded tonight

austinpigalle

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on Drake's OCBDs? For a few minutes I was able to see the sale (or possibly a previous sale?), and it looks like some of the oxfords may be on sale for ~$150? I'd assume they're very well made, but are there any other options you all like at this pricepoint?

Nbarbar

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on Drake's OCBDs? For a few minutes I was able to see the sale (or possibly a previous sale?), and it looks like some of the oxfords may be on sale for ~$150? I'd assume they're very well made, but are there any other options you all like at this pricepoint?
Yes, bomb proof and well made. Worth $150, that is subjective but I've never regreted a Drakes shirt

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
I would recommend Budd’s Shirtmakers - it’s the go to shirt manufacturer. I am fortunate enough to live in Kensington, so Budd’s is only a short cycle away. They’re frequented by royalty, celebrities, and anybody who appreciates a good shirt. They’re in-and-around that prince range for OCBD’s.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

I think they have a variety of makes, but I'm not sure. I have one from them. The fabric is a bit finer, more luxurious, and less durable than I would like for an oxford. The collar roll is pretty good, especially for being lined. I think their main draw is that they have some fabrics that you won't find elsewhere and a wide range of colors. Some may also like the fit.

I know they have made one with an unlined collar and a more substantial cloth, but I don't think they have it in stock regularly and I haven't had the chance to try it. I'd be interested in trying that one, though.

My favorite source for oxfords is Mercer and Sons. Many on here will claim they are too baggy, but if you size down 3/2 size on the body (they let you mix and match collars and bodies) the chest measurement is the same as Drake's (I size down 1/2 a size). I think they have the best collar and fabric, though ordering them isn't as convenient as ordering from Drake's.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend Budd’s Shirtmakers - it’s the go to shirt manufacturer. I am fortunate enough to live in Kensington, so Budd’s is only a short cycle away. They’re frequented by royalty, celebrities, and anybody who appreciates a good shirt. They’re in-and-around that prince range for OCBD’s.

I'll bet ?

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I’m still getting 404 errors, are you in @polyfusion?

I think they have a variety of makes, but I'm not sure. I have one from them. The fabric is a bit finer, more luxurious, and less durable than I would like for an oxford. The collar roll is pretty good, especially for being lined. I think their main draw is that they have some fabrics that you won't find elsewhere and a wide range of colors. Some may also like the fit.

I know they have made one with an unlined collar and a more substantial cloth, but I don't think they have it in stock regularly and I haven't had the chance to try it. I'd be interested in trying that one, though.

My favorite source for oxfords is Mercer and Sons. Many on here will claim they are too baggy, but if you size down 3/2 size on the body (they let you mix and match collars and bodies) the chest measurement is the same as Drake's (I size down 1/2 a size). I think they have the best collar and fabric, though ordering them isn't as convenient as ordering from Drake's.
What

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Nope.
Just refreshing a page with an ever increasing feeling of despondency .

Maybe in 2022 things will happen like they were supposed to and the continual disappointment will, finally, end.
Hahahaha, do you think they are sitting in London just trolling this forum? Its crossed my mind

polyfusion

Reaction score
Hahahaha, do you think they are sitting in London just trolling this forum? Its crossed my mind

With every wasted click, I imagine mark cho laughing at my expense, negroni in hand, Pinterest open browsing for Piti 2015 memories, swapping his attention between making a new Spotify playlist that features both girl from ipanema and g-eazy and adjusting the prices up one last time on drakesarchive.com before, finally, pressing the publish button that will, once again, seperate me from more money than i am comfortable losing for the privilege of being asked by my friends why I’m so dressed up and muttering something about Wes Anderson/ something something Ivy League / Something something / Italiantailoring / something investment pieces something styleforum / something something / classic menswear something something

Nat25

Reaction score
With every wasted click, I imagine mark cho laughing at my expense, negroni in hand, Pinterest open browsing for Piti 2015 memories, swapping his attention between making a new Spotify playlist that features both girl from ipanema and g-eazy and adjusting the prices up one last time on drakesarchive.com before, finally, pressing the publish button that will, once again, seperate me from more money than i am comfortable losing for the privilege of being asked by my friends why I’m so dressed up and muttering something about Wes Anderson/ something something Ivy League / Something something / Italiantailoring / something investment pieces something styleforum / something something / classic menswear something something

“accidentally” releasing the navy seed stitch cashmere jumper early to watch us fight for it and have a belly laugh

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a completely unrelated note, any opinions on seersucker tailoring as separates?

That is, would a navy seersucker SC work without matching trousers?

garigo

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I really like the taper on that picture. I think I might actually order a 32 and 33 with the idea of returning one. It sounds like returns go back to their US warehouse, so it shouldn't be massively expensive...
Update on the comparison between Anglo-Italian and Drake’s jeans. I wear a 33 in AI and, after trying on multiple sizes, I settled on a Drake’s 31 as the most similar one. Here are a few pics of the AI (lighter) and Drake’s (darker). Any comments on which one you guys think is the best fit?

22AC70BB-2D08-4C23-B93B-007605D204D2.jpeg
559D0FEB-CA5C-4139-9CF1-B49013D43DB3.jpeg

037FEF9A-179C-49CE-BCEA-B4FD2898A2DD.jpeg
AED0CA3B-7521-4FBF-936F-7767D247F451.jpeg
72CCD6D7-F0B9-4E6B-8FCE-8500CB730E08.jpeg
1DFBB9AA-7D6E-48F4-8CEB-9AAF17AF8A06.jpeg
E12CC969-6E87-49C9-94DA-46DB6F222CC0.jpeg
6D3DF44B-CA4C-4E81-88B7-08B90B01443C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads