• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The measurements on the website are completely false. Which is an oversight especially because these are not-cheap jeans. I have a size 30 and the waist is 15.25. Rise is 11.5 inches. Inseam is 32 inches. Ankle width is 8.0 inches.

wow that's massively off...

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The measurements on the website are completely false. Which is an oversight especially because these are not-cheap jeans. I have a size 30 and the waist is 15.25. Rise is 11.5 inches. Inseam is 32 inches. Ankle width is 8.0 inches.
Damn! Good to know. Thank you so much for the information. So seems like I should be good with a 31 or so, which is great.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Can someone who has one of the newer sport coats share measurements (shoulders, back length from below collar, chest, waist, sleeve) for sizes 54 and 56? I don‘t trust the ones on their website. Thanks!

mbb355

Reaction score
Can someone who has one of the newer sport coats share measurements (shoulders, back length from below collar, chest, waist, sleeve) for sizes 54 and 56? I don‘t trust the ones on their website. Thanks!
Which jacket you eyeing? The tweeds are so nice...

mbb355

Reaction score
Nothing in particular right now. I‘m in the need for (spring/summer) sport coats so would like to be prepared once the new collection drops :)
Nice--hopefully the new drop arrives soon. FWIW, I spoke to a NY sales rep recently and he noted that the S/S jackets tend to fit a little bigger than the F/W.

mbb355

Reaction score
That‘s great to hear. Is there a reason why?
Something about different fabric types fitting differently, I don’t really know any more than that. Drakes S/S collections typically drop in Feb, right? I recognize this year may be different...

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same pattern but lighter, looser fabric?

mbb355

Reaction score
Same pattern but lighter, looser fabric?
It's possible but the different fits certainly aren't inherent to the different fabric types. I've had S/S jackets that were the same size or smaller than F/W jackets from other brands. I think maybe the answer is something more Drakes-specific, but not sure.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Received my jeans today and I like them a lot. I opted for the ‘rinse’ model but they’re a bit too close to raw denim for me so I’ve ordered the stone wash. Hopefully they’ll be softer as I really like the cut. I’m not enamoured with the pockets but equally I don’t hate them.
As for sizing, the guide is way out. My normal size fit me fine and out of curiosity I measured them. On 34, waist is 17 5/8”, rise is 12 6/8”, hem is 7 6/8”.

mbb355

Reaction score
Received my jeans today and I like them a lot. I opted for the ‘rinse’ model but they’re a bit too close to raw denim for me so I’ve ordered the stone wash. Hopefully they’ll be softer as I really like the cut. I’m not enamoured with the pockets but equally I don’t hate them.
As for sizing, the guide is way out. My normal size fit me fine and out of curiosity I measured them. On 34, waist is 17 5/8”, rise is 12 6/8”, hem is 7 6/8”.
This is one of the reasons I opted against the Indigo Rinse. I got the Stone Wash and really like them.

mbb355

Reaction score
Sorry, I should clarify that the Stone Wash are extremely soft and comfy

Dadacantona

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I opted against the Indigo Rinse. I got the Stone Wash and really like them.
That’s good to know. From what I’ve tried them on with the rinse seen to work well in workwear style fits but not necessarily with tailoring. Looks like the stone wash will be more versatile.

mbb355

Reaction score
That’s good to know. From what I’ve tried them on with the rinse seen to work well in workwear style fits but not necessarily with tailoring. Looks like the stone wash will be more versatile.
Check out this lookbook if you haven't already, it's my favorite of the season:

I'm fairly certain the jeans the model is wearing are the Stone Wash

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics