• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score
Is there a difference in fit/measurements between the made in England pair?
Not much that I could detect. Because the England pair is raw while the new pair is washed, they "feel" slightly different. But I ordered the same size in both and the fit is consistent. The only slight difference is that I believe the newer pair has a slightly shorter inseam. I needed to get my England pair hemmed slightly because they were jut too long. But the new pair is fine after a couple cuffs (which is how I like them).

Dadacantona

Reaction score
I caved and bought a pair of the recently released jeans and I must say I'm truly impressed. I own an older pair of Drakes jeans, an indigo raw denim pair made in England. I loved that pair. The new pair is a clear upgrade. The biggest difference is that these are washed. I know some "denimheads" swear by raw denim, but to me it was always just kind of a pain. It's stiff, rough, tough to break in, and wrinkles/crinkles in random places, creating suboptimal drape. These new ones feel every bit as elevated and high-quality as the older pair, but are much softer, creating a really nice drape. Yes, I know it's odd to discuss "drape" when it comes to jeans, but I personally like a pair of jeans to fall and move gracefully (if somewhat differently than, say, a pair of grey high-twists). These are the best jeans I've had in that respect. I opted for the stone wash, which is such a lovely color. It's lighter than dark navy, so you can pair it with navy up top and it will look great. But it's still dark enough to be smart. The fit is great and the high-rise makes it perfect for pairing with tailoring, though it still looks great without a jacket. The silhouette is also great--roomy in the thigh which makes them so comfortable and easy to wear, with a gentle taper from the knee down, creating a nice shape. If you've been on the fence about the jeans, I seriously recommend giving them a whirl.
I’ve ordered some today too so this is very encouraging. Are they true to size?

mbb355

Reaction score
I’ve ordered some today too so this is very encouraging. Are they true to size?
Which color did you get? As I noted earlier, the fit is consistent with older models of Drakes jeans, which means that they run a little big. I'm typically a size 30 trouser, but I wear Drakes jeans in 29. The size chart on the website is accurate, and reflects that the jeans run big.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Which color did you get? As I noted earlier, the fit is consistent with older models of Drakes jeans, which means that they run a little big. I'm typically a size 30 trouser, but I wear Drakes jeans in 29. The size chart on the website is accurate, and reflects that the jeans run big.
Ok cheers. Saville Row said true to size but I noted they looked big from the size guide so I ordered my own size and a size down. I got the darkest wash.

mbb355

Reaction score
Ok cheers. Saville Row said true to size but I noted they looked big from the size guide so I ordered my own size and a size down. I got the darkest wash.
Nice, I'd be curious to know how you like them. I like dark denim, but I worried the darkest wash would be too close to navy, preventing me from wearing navy on top. I'm also unsure whether the darkest wash is washed at all (as opposed to raw)

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Nice, I'd be curious to know how you like them. I like dark denim, but I worried the darkest wash would be too close to navy, preventing me from wearing navy on top. I'm also unsure whether the darkest wash is washed at all (as opposed to raw)
”rinse” apparently. There is a raw model too.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dislike the weird, slanted front pockets, but they do look nice in terms of the cut

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dislike the weird, slanted front pockets, but they do look nice in terms of the cut

funny you say that, the one thing I hate about 5 pockets is... well jeans pocket, so if I see a chino or any cotton other than jeans with jeans pocket it's an auto pass for me (and the only reason I tolerate jeans pocket on jeans is basically... well that's the only thing available)

Curious why you guys like this jeans though, I checked measurement, it's quite high rise, like higher than most high rise dress pant these days actually.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny you say that, the one thing I hate about 5 pockets is... well jeans pocket, so if I see a chino or any cotton other than jeans with jeans pocket it's an auto pass for me (and the only reason I tolerate jeans pocket on jeans is basically... well that's the only thing available)

Curious why you guys like this jeans though, I checked measurement, it's quite high rise, like higher than most high rise dress pant these days actually.

That's one of the things that is making me really interested....But I will say, the measurements seem crazy vanity sized. It's 16.7 inches for a size 30, which seems really large. Unfortunately, I cannot find a 29 anywhere online.

Nat25

Reaction score
I've been trying to break in the raw denim pair i got in the archive sale. They've been painful to wear, trying to figure out if it's mainly that they are high waisted and I need to get used to that, or if it's mainly the raw denim thats so uncomfortable. Have to force myself to wear them though so hoping they break in soon...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, if you're still WFH, wear them everyday should break in within a month? I don't buy raw anymore (used to buy RRL raw, now buy washed RRL) because how long it takes (though i used to only wear jeans on the weekend so took a lot longer, maybe wearing every day is like just one week thing)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's one of the things that is making me really interested....But I will say, the measurements seem crazy vanity sized. It's 16.7 inches for a size 30, which seems really large. Unfortunately, I cannot find a 29 anywhere online.

it does seem vanity sized, you want front raise that high? That's like higher than high raise dress pants, on top of my head I think a high raise size 30 dress pants would be like 11.5in?

mbb355

Reaction score

I haven't actually measured, but the rise measurements on the jeans seem off. Having actually worn a few pairs of Drakes jeans, the rise is just ever-so-slightly above my belly button--i.e., they fit like normal high-rise pants. I don't think the jeans actually have a front rise that's 10 cm higher than Drakes' cotton drill or flannel trousers, though that's what the size charts suggest. Maybe they measure rises differently on different trouser types. In any event, don't be deterred by the jeans' rise measurement on the size guide--the rise on them is perfect and in line with most high-rise pants.

Last edited:

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score

The measurements on the website are completely false. Which is an oversight especially because these are not-cheap jeans. I have a size 30 and the waist is 15.25. Rise is 11.5 inches. Inseam is 32 inches. Ankle width is 8.0 inches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads