• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score

cweeks91

Reaction score
I have red somewhere in this thread that some people have washed their Drakes overshirts at home, can anyone give their feedback regarding if they have shrunk?
I bought 2 pieces over the last archive sale, and they were my first drake's overshirts.
I got 2 L sizes, for a cotton and a linen overshirt, as I was not sure what it would be my correct size.
I will have to take some of the sleeve length, but I'm afraid they could shrink in the future, when washed.

Cotton will be fine but I'd take extra care with the linen one. I have a navy and a khakhi version which i bought retail and have only hand washed cold with no issue.

I saw the brown linen version on ebay this summer for a good price, but when it arrived i could tell it hadn't reacted well to how the previous owner had washed it. I don't know what they did but it was noticeably shorter and worse still the colour had been affected, not faded but actually turned yellowish red in patches.

I used some natural hand dye on it and it has turned a lovely chocolate brown now, and I don't mind the shorter length... i guess just be careful with heat and detergent.

FONlx

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all your feedback regarding the overshirts.
The issue is that L size is a bit on the bigger size, so i would’t mind they would shrink a litle. The cotton one is almost fine, but the linen one is extra loose. It is the chalk striped version and i love it, and it would be a shame to have to return it, as i imagine it would be difficult to get another with this pattern in the future. Thanks!

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to experiment with a navy cotton twill games blazer that I found for half off... I actually like it quite a lot. It’s about a click more formal than one of those French chore jackets. Not sure how well it would work in other colors or fabric types though. Navy goes with everything and does a good job of countering how unstructured the jacket is. Even the navy corduroy version looks like it would be harder to wear.

Nat25

Reaction score
The overshirts will shrink if you wash it in the machine. I’ve shrunk a few of them, some more than I wanted.

Philip_85

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the A1 blouson? I am very attracted to it but cannot find many pictures or comments anywhere outside drakes.com. Any comments from anyone who has handled the suede or insights about fit would be great.

Nat25

Reaction score
Shrink everywhere, but Moreso in length than body. My wife always accidentally throws them in to the regular wash over time so I unfortunately have experience there. They have turned into regular shirts rather than overshirts which actually look kind of cool in summer/spring I think.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tags say to dry clean, I wouldn't put them in the wash unless you're OK with shrinkage

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
some drakes stuff on sale at brogue. Extra 35% off with code BF35

Tabooku

Reaction score
Screenshot 2020-11-29 231720.png

Drake's tie?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads