• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calanon

Reaction score
If you're buying one coat this winter, make it this one.
I didn't like the look of the pockets on the site but this looks a lot better.
Is yours 100% wool? The website did say 100% wool but now saying like 60% wool, a load of nylon, polyester and acrylic and a bit of alpaca.

dh797_sfs

Reaction score
I didn't like the look of the pockets on the site but this looks a lot better.
Is yours 100% wool? The website did say 100% wool but now saying like 60% wool, a load of nylon, polyester and acrylic and a bit of alpaca.
I think the fabric is a hodgepodge of those that you've listed. It has almost a heavy wool sweater-like texture to it while being surprisingly light weight for a coat of this volume.

Psyko

Reaction score
If you're buying one coat this winter, make it this one.

That looks really nice. I owned the green herringbone version from a few seasons ago, but ended up selling it. Didn't like the colour or the feel of the material. It was heavy, but way too soft at the same time. Didn't have any structure or stifness to it.

Anyways: your bag looks nice. Where is it from?

dh797_sfs

Reaction score
That looks really nice. I owned the green herringbone version from a few seasons ago, but ended up selling it. Didn't like the colour or the feel of the material. It was heavy, but way too soft at the same time. Didn't have any structure or stifness to it.

Anyways: your bag looks nice. Where is it from?
Thanks for the compliment my friend -- I was actually too tired (my shoulders literally got tired) of KS Traveller's armor-like weight and stiffness, so I must say I'm happy with the kind of unstructured feel that this coat has.

As for you question, the bag is from Ettinger!

clemente21

Reaction score
Anyone know if the beanies would fit a larger head well? I know knit hats are a 1 size fits all sort of thing but I know over at NMWA they carry a couple different companies because some run a little small.

Anyone have one and can comment?

Another yes on this - I have to wear hats that are larger than 7 3/4, and the Drake's beanies fit very well (much better than most beanies and basically any watch cap)

dh797_sfs

Reaction score
I was on the fence with this coat, now regretting holding off, it looks great, and now appears to be sold out.
If you're fine with the taupe version, I believe the website restocked a lot of the sizes.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the bow ties I ordered during the archives sale. Very nice items that I am glad I got for basically nothing, because paying full retail for them would be overpaying by quite a lot.

slows2k

Reaction score
If you're fine with the taupe version, I believe the website restocked a lot of the sizes.

You know the taupe version really grew on me and its the one I like better, but I agree with the earlier sentiment about the fabric composition. I usually don't worry too much about blends, as they can have benefits, but only 64% wool? that seems a little low for a traditional overcoat that is $1800.00. Wonder why they didn't just go with a higher composition wool blend.

clemente21

Reaction score
IMG_4204.jpeg
IMG_4201.jpeg

All Drake's again - merino beanie, waxed jacket, wheat herringbone sport coat, needlecord shirt, Number 3 jeans and Crosby snuff suedes

Attachments

• IMG_4213.jpeg
    IMG_4213.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

blue peter

Reaction score
fiending after a pair of the purple (plum) colored otc socks available at Drakes a few years ago...anybody know where a similar sock can be found online? many thanks

Last edited:

clemente21

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads