• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Who knew that 235 is 50% off 385? (Not sure they got a single percentage right.)

Also, the prices looked much nicer before they switched me from pounds to dollars.

In all seriousness, I liked Drake's a lot more before seeing some of these prices. I think I will have troubles paying for their stuff again. I guess there is some risk to having sales like this.

Last edited:

vanmosh

Reaction score
Saw the ecru and emerald mk.3 games blazers in there and kept hoping that the navy one would pop up if I kept scrolling.

polyfusion

Reaction score
Well there goes 3 months salary.

whether I bought anything I really wanted is another story. Certainly got some beautiful ties at a very reasonable price, but the tailoring I’m not so sure I should have purchased. Bought the blue hopsack merino suit which is not really why I shop at drakes but I feel will genuinely get worn next spring summer for more conservative occasions.
Slightly disappointed as was really hoping to see some archive tweed or cord tailoring in there .

upflup

Reaction score
Does anyone own the selvedge denim? I'm usually a 34-36 and the 34 seems like it might be right, if not a little big. Just want to verify how anyone sized before pulling the trigger.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Does anyone own the selvedge denim? I'm usually a 34-36 and the 34 seems like it might be right, if not a little big. Just want to verify how anyone sized before pulling the trigger.

that denim is 12oz and paper thin, also no selvedge.

the 14.5oz denim is way better

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
I was very interested in the VBC Navy Chalk Stripe Wool Flannel Suit, but it sold out before I got into the website. So I just ended up purchasing the octopus scarf that I missed out on last year.

zhenjie

Reaction score
that denim is 12oz and paper thin, also no selvedge.

the 14.5oz denim is way better

I was hoping the 12oz would be good for warmer weather in Australia. It'll be the thinnest pair I'll have, and would be concerned how it drapes.

The fit/sizing chart of all their trousers is strange. Doesn't seem true to size at all (especially with the waist being high rise, you'd expect them to have even smaller measurements).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was hoping the 12oz would be good for warmer weather in Australia. It'll be the thinnest pair I'll have, and would be concerned how it drapes.

3sixteen has a pair of 12oz denim that they say is designed for summer. If you look up photos of "3sixteen lightweight denim" or something like that, you can see photos.

zhenjie

Reaction score
3sixteen has a pair of 12oz denim that they say is designed for summer. If you look up photos of "3sixteen lightweight denim" or something like that, you can see photos.

Thanks, drape looks decent at 12oz still.

Can't get over the vanity measurements from Drake's though. Yeossal 32" is true to size, 16" across, and Drake's is 17.7". Crazy...

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Thanks, drape looks decent at 12oz still.

Can't get over the vanity measurements from Drake's though. Yeossal 32" is true to size, 16" across, and Drake's is 17.7". Crazy...

i think the sizing it wrong i size with my waist and they fit good, could even size down if you want a skinnier fit

mina262

Reaction score
I size down 1 size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads