• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The link doesn't work for me now, either. I think it may have been a staging site.

Prices were a bit lower than I anticipated. Some items marked down as much as 80%. Lots of stuff around 60% or so markdowns. Jeans for $200. Pocket squares for $40. I can't remember how much was the olive covert cloth suit, but I want to say something like $500.

Was looking for the brown five-pocket cords, but didn't see them. As I was refreshing the page, I noticed more items were being added, but some items were also quickly selling out. As you refreshed the page, the "sold out" overlay would pop up on some products.

Anyway, midnight GMT is 5pm PST/ 8pm EST.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
The link doesn't work for me now, either. I think it may have been a staging site.

Prices were a bit lower than I anticipated. Some items marked down as much as 80%. Lots of stuff around 60% or so markdowns. Jeans for $200. Pocket squares for $40. I can't remember how much was the olive covert cloth suit, but I want to say something like $500.

Was looking for the brown five-pocket cords, but didn't see them. As I was refreshing the page, I noticed more items were being added, but some items were also quickly selling out. As you refreshed the page, the "sold out" overlay would pop up on some products.

Anyway, midnight GMT is 5pm PST/ 8pm EST.
FWIW I was emailing the factory shop the other week and they said they just had a pair of size 32 brown cord 5 pockets left. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve gone now.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FWIW I was emailing the factory shop the other week and they said they just had a pair of size 32 brown cord 5 pockets left. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve gone now.

Hm, I'm a 30 waist anyway, so maybe nothing for me.

Does anyone here own a pair and know how they fit?

I saw a navy pair in the flash sale, but not the brown that I was hoping would be available.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, I'm a 30 waist anyway, so maybe nothing for me.

Does anyone here own a pair and know how they fit?

I saw a navy pair in the flash sale, but not the brown that I was hoping would be available.
Yeah, brown almost certainly isn't available. As you say, they did have indigo at a 60% reduction in 30, 31, and 32, but don't seem to have anything remaining in the other colors.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with those linen-merino summer guernseys? Those were 80% off and, while I know I shouldn't buy things purely based on their price reduction, this has me re-evaluating a piece I hadn't initially given too much attention to.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of a cheat, but for anyone who knows exactly what they want, if you locate the original product link, take the page identifier for the item (e.g., green-linen-overshirt) and append it to the drakesarchive url, you’ll pull up the item at discount (if available) with ability to add to cart and presumably check out.

They mostly don’t have what I’m looking for in this sale, and the few things that I would be interested in generally receive higher discounts at end of season sales (such as the overshirt above), so I’m probably out on this one. But definitely a lot of nice stuff to be had at good prices.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with those linen-merino summer guernseys? Those were 80% off and, while I know I shouldn't buy things purely based on their price reduction, this has me re-evaluating a piece I hadn't initially given too much attention to.

I wanted something like it for a while, tried one from IM but ended up returning it because of the way the shoulders fit. I got the blue one in a 40. Sleeves are a little long but otherwise a true to size fit on the looser side. I love the blend, very happy with it. would be happier at 80% off!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
everyone in this thread be like

2mf7q3.jpg

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted something like it for a while, tried one from IM but ended up returning it because of the way the shoulders fit. I got the blue one in a 40. Sleeves are a little long but otherwise a true to size fit on the looser side. I love the blend, very happy with it. would be happier at 80% off!
Thanks for this. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I think I had initially dismissed the piece because the lookbook gave a lot of this year’s S/S pieces the “trust fund finance bro summering in Cape Cod” look. But looking at the sweater alone makes it look a lot less like that.
Your sizing advice is quite helpful, as I usually just default to sizing up on knitwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads