• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upflup

Reaction score
What's the fit like? I usually take a 42 in Drake's, but often go up to 44 for their knitwear, which I find fits a bit slimmer. Thanks!

This shirt is actually the opposite. They fit larger than usual. I'm normally a 44 and the 42 fits me well.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the cord caps looked cool from the Pitti pics but i dunno about $95 cool.

vida

Reaction score
This shirt is actually the opposite. They fit larger than usual. I'm normally a 44 and the 42 fits me well.
I’m glad to know this. I would take a 36 and my impression was that it ran large even though the measurements suggest otherwise. Most of their offerings look very standard/ traditional in fit.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Linen glencheck jacket from the Nordstrom sale

1593039560754.png

mistermike

Reaction score
Hi all - what is the fit like on the tailored pants please? Looking at the navy needlecord pants. I am a pretty standard 34, are they tts or could I get away with the 36s and maybe have them taken in slightly? Thanks!

gardenvariety

Reaction score
Do Drakes' jackets fit true to chest size or run small? I.e. in US brands, I would take a 42 typically, but in italian brands I take a 54EU/44US.

Would I want to go for a 42UK or 44UK?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Drakes' jackets fit true to chest size or run small? I.e. in US brands, I would take a 42 typically, but in italian brands I take a 54EU/44US.

Would I want to go for a 42UK or 44UK?

Current Drakes offerings are pretty true to size. If you’re a 42 and you’re on Drakes US site, get the 42

BLSF

Reaction score
For anyone thinking of buying an overshirt. Here are some measurements after a wash. Size medium. Bearing in the mind the tape isn't completely straight. Personally would have sized up looking back.

Attachments

• IMG_6029.JPG
    IMG_6029.JPG
    609.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6032.JPG
    IMG_6032.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6033.JPG
    IMG_6033.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 115

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's good to know. I have a couple and the wash instructions say to dry clean only, but I have been tempted to just throw them in the wash at times

Sammm

Reaction score
My linen M felt big at first, but I think all the wrinkling takes care of some of that. I’ve only dry cleaned it because I like the size, ultimately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics