• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm loving this camp liner jacket!

dd8a2b0522fb9cc8e323eafbeb037e937032157e.jpg
8685bf97d63826b845c0086845b2d0c6d8c70700.jpg
Man, I totally don't remember seeing that jacket online. Did you get it from Drakes directly? Looks great!

Still waiting on my shirt. It is coming DHL and apparently I'm in a "+5" area, so it will be five days after it gets to the states... So another few days yet. Ugh.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I totally don't remember seeing that jacket online. Did you get it from Drakes directly? Looks great!

Still waiting on my shirt. It is coming DHL and apparently I'm in a "+5" area, so it will be five days after it gets to the states... So another few days yet. Ugh.

Thank you! The navy version is sold out but the olive is still there. I do think it looks better being worn than in the product shots.

John Rosen

Reaction score
Is it fair to say that when a brand starts selling cotton t-shirts for seventy-five quid it's official that it thinks of its customers as blithering idiots?

Having read the last few pages of the discussion, I must say I feel a bit guilty about that post a few days ago re t-shirt pricing. It's as if I have hurled a hand grenade right into the heart of the thread. Anyhow, I think the scale of the erupted debate is suggestive.

Nat25

Reaction score
How does the liner run? TTS or size up? Is it an outerwear piece or a mid-layer?

I sized down bc the sleeves were very wide for me on my regular drakes size. It’s a little short and tight around the waist, but there’s a lower zipper that opens for breathing room if you wear it as a true liner zipped up.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down bc the sleeves were very wide for me on my regular drakes size. It’s a little short and tight around the waist, but there’s a lower zipper that opens for breathing room if you wear it as a true liner zipped up.

I sized down as well. It can be a light outerwear piece.

flashjack

Reaction score
Having read the last few pages of the discussion, I must say I feel a bit guilty about that post a few days ago re t-shirt pricing. It's as if I have hurled a hand grenade right into the heart of the thread. Anyhow, I think the scale of the erupted debate is suggestive.
Y'all are over thinking this, I think people are just a bit frustrated with this thread because they come here for the same reason they like Drake's clothes....i.e. it's just a bit of fun!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it fair to say that when a brand starts selling cotton t-shirts for seventy-five quid it's official that it thinks of its customers as blithering idiots?

75 quid is about 95 US dollars. Take a look at the prices on Self Edge's t-shirt page at https://www.selfedge.com/t-shirts

Drake's t-shirts are not cheap by any means but they're not astronomical compared to what's out there.

By the way, if you're looking for good value t-shirts, check out the Uniqlo U crew neck short sleeve t-shirt. I have 5 or 6 of them and they're excellent. Heavy cotton fabric and really nice thick collars as well. This is the link to it on the Australian site: https://www.uniqlo.com/au/store/men-uniqlo-u-crew-neck-short-sleeve-t-shirt-4195710044.html

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
75 quid is about 95 US dollars. Take a look at the prices on Self Edge's t-shirt page at https://www.selfedge.com/t-shirts

Drake's t-shirts are not cheap by any means but they're not astronomical compared to what's out there.

By the way, if you're looking for good value t-shirts, check out the Uniqlo U crew neck short sleeve t-shirt. I have 5 or 6 of them and they're excellent. Heavy cotton fabric and really nice thick collars as well. This is the link to it on the Australian site: https://www.uniqlo.com/au/store/men-uniqlo-u-crew-neck-short-sleeve-t-shirt-4195710044.html
You are comparing price, but are you comparing quality?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are comparing price, but are you comparing quality?

"Is it fair to say that when a brand starts selling cotton t-shirts for seventy-five quid it's official that it thinks of its customers as blithering idiots? "

Sure, you can do a deeper comparison but the price of 75 quid was what started this and there's no mention of quality in the original post. I was just pointing out that 75 quid is not unusual.

hschrapel

Reaction score

I must agree that Uniqlo U t shirts are fantastic. I took the plunge on one after seeing you wear one Gerry, and I haven't looked back. I love their weight and durability. This winter season, they did the same material but in a long sleeve with a pocket, and dear God. Didn't think they could get any better! Uniqlo, for me, represents one of the best value/price companies out there. After reading the recent Permanent Style article about their lambswool sweaters, it reaffirmed this for me.
[edit] I must add that after buying two or so of their U t-shirts, I've replaced all of my t shirts and solely wear theirs.

John Rosen

Reaction score
"Is it fair to say that when a brand starts selling cotton t-shirts for seventy-five quid it's official that it thinks of its customers as blithering idiots? "

Sure, you can do a deeper comparison but the price of 75 quid was what started this and there's no mention of quality in the original post. I was just pointing out that 75 quid is not unusual.

Indeed, I think the quality is a nonfactor, since if it's poor, and you've paid seventy-five pounds for a t-shirt, there's really no room for debate, it's just ridiculous, period. (And yes, I know that it happens all the time with all those mega-fashion brands.) I think what matters is that pricing an undemanding piece of clothing like a t-shirt at an ostentatious price tag tends to erode trust and a sense of respect between the trademark and the client, and now that Drake's has apparently chosen to go down this road at full throttle — selling outrageously priced but utterly basic tees — I wonder if they are worried it might repel a substantial number of customers who don't want to be treated like absolute dupes.

By the way, thanks for the Uniqlo suggestion, will definitely check them out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads