• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried to find this rugby on Columbia knits website but couldn’t find the color or pattern combo. Any one know if drakes still uses Columbia knit for rugby’s and if it’s possible to get the same colors?

I don't think they use Columbia Knits anymore. Last year's rugby with the rose on it is made in Japan.

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
Hi guys! Just got myself a cashmere cardigan that i would like some size input on. It feels like the arms are too roomy, but thats maybe how they should be?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Just got myself a cashmere cardigan that i would like some size input on. It feels like the arms are too roomy, but thats maybe how they should be?

I don't have the exact model from Drakes, but a similar sweater from another shop, both are likely made by the same source and that is how mine fits.

As is said in another thread about a similar sweater "embrace the slouch"

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked this up for free at a local boutique (except my version is self lined, instead of unlined).

tie-a3680r-19513-001-001_1_2_.jpg

Gordian Knot

Reaction score
I don't have the exact model from Drakes, but a similar sweater from another shop, both are likely made by the same source and that is how mine fits.

As is said in another thread about a similar sweater "embrace the slouch"
This is how mine fits. It looks slightly less roomy in the arms.
If you can, return it. The cut is not very flattering. I am sure you can find another cardigan that suits you better.
That model is usually pretty short in the body. I think you may want to size down.

Thanks for all the great feedback! I got it pre-owned for much less than retail (even under retail for the lambswool ones). Although most of you guys find it too big, i also kind of like the slouchy-ness. But I'm really uncertain if I should sell it or not. Maybe it'll be a keeper for home until I recieve a decent offer.

Friend

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great feedback! I got it pre-owned for much less than retail (even under retail for the lambswool ones). Although most of you guys find it too big, i also kind of like the slouchy-ness. But I'm really uncertain if I should sell it or not. Maybe it'll be a keeper for home until I recieve a decent offer.

Was that the one for insanely cheap on Poshmark recently, by any chance? I came across that after it sold and was kicking myself for missing it.

Also, in case another data point on sizing helps - I went to the Drake's store in NYC and tried on 36, 38, and 40 in the shawl cardigan. I'd put myself at like a slim 37. All three sizes fit in a pleasantly wearable way, but the 40 started to get extra slouchy in the arms in a similar manner to the pics you posted. The 36 felt a little too fussily slim, and the 38 was perfect. I'd say one size down for you would probably be good, if you happen to get the opportunity. By the way, if you're considering secondhand options, I did some research when comparing the size measurements to the letter measurements Drake's used to use, and from what I can tell for the shawl cardigans, the scale is a S=40, M=42, etc. So they started offering smaller sizes after switching to the numbered sizing. Someone with more direct knowledge feel free to correct me if that's off.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

While I agree it's too big, if you want to embrace the slouch, don't button it. Just let it hang open, and, you know, slouch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads