• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do Drake's dress shirts stack up against other reputable brands? Curious, 'cus there's a store close to my office that sells these.

If you want a plain classic white oxford cloth button down, excellent cloth with a fit that feels the same to me as my Drake's shirts, I recommend a Kamakura 400 Madison Oxford NY fit at $89. But, Drake's takes most of their shirts further in fabric, patterns and color options along with interesting pocket shapes, flaps and pleats and then it is up to you to decide if that is what you want. I'm willing to pay more for getting just the right color, a unique pattern, interesting pocket details. I love great fabric and color options and Drake's does that so well. Drake's is where you want to look for something just a bit different to add something to your look. I really like Drake's solid and striped linen shirts as well for the quality of the fabric, fit and collar shape.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
If you want a plain classic white oxford cloth button down, excellent cloth with a fit that feels the same to me as my Drake's shirts, I recommend a Kamakura 400 Madison Oxford NY fit at $89. But, Drake's takes most of their shirts further in fabric, patterns and color options along with interesting pocket shapes, flaps and pleats and then it is up to you to decide if that is what you want. I'm willing to pay more for getting just the right color, a unique pattern, interesting pocket details. I love great fabric and color options and Drake's does that so well. Drake's is where you want to look for something just a bit different to add something to your look. I really like Drake's solid and striped linen shirts as well for the quality of the fabric, fit and collar shape.
Oh, I wish I had seen this before I placed my order with T&A. I just couldn't pay retail for Zegna and want to pay for quality rather than for the name. It's making its way across the big pond but I sure hope I ordered the right size. I will look at Kamakura...forgot that they were in NYC.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, I wish I had seen this before I placed my order with T&A. I just couldn't pay retail for Zegna and want to pay for quality rather than for the name. It's making its way across the big pond but I sure hope I ordered the right size. I will look at Kamakura...forgot that they were in NYC.
Haven’t bought a Turnbull shirt in years, but I thought their RTW shirts were terrific. Don’t know if anything has changed regarding their shirts. I still have a few new ones stashed.

Nat25

Reaction score
Kamakura traveler knit shirt is the most comfortable casual shirt I own (not for use w ties) and love how it doesn’t wrinkle after I wash and hang dry, don’t have to iron.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're paying T&A prices, I would personally with with G. Inglese.

T&A (the ones I've owned) will give you a classic old-school British look where G. Inglese more of an Italian look so it comes down to personal style preference IMO. I get my G. Inglese shirts MTO for fit, a chest pocket, collar, button and fabric options. I like a bit more room in the sleeve and the torso than their typical RTW and am very happy with their MTO shirts. But, this is a Drake's thread so back to their shirts. I love'm for what they are, when I find the right combo of fabric and details. I'm very happy with them.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, there's been a restock of certain things in the sale. I saw some suits and outerwear restocked but I'm sure there's other stuff as well.

Was just going to post this myself. I was thrilled to see a few pieces show up, but of course nothing in my size...

rasmusp

Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, there's been a restock of certain things in the sale. I saw some suits and outerwear restocked but I'm sure there's other stuff as well.
I purchased the brown shawl last night (if anybody in the EU is interested in an unworn green or blue shawl in UK42 let me know; I don't really need three...).

I also considered the castentino overcoat, having lived in Florence for a number of years, but thought it was kind of expensive and maybe not the best for a first smart overcoat. But now I am sort of regretting not trying it.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased the brown shawl last night (if anybody in the EU is interested in an unworn green or blue shawl in UK42 let me know; I don't really need three...).

I also considered the castentino overcoat, having lived in Florence for a number of years, but thought it was kind of expensive and maybe not the best for a first smart overcoat. But now I am sort of regretting not trying it.

The casentino overcoat does look very good but was over budget for me and I also. didn't need another overcoat.

flashjack

Reaction score
Got lucky on a restock of the olive cotton twill shirt in 16.5, will be sending back a 16 if anyone is interested.

Nat25

Reaction score
tried to find this rugby on Columbia knits website but couldn’t find the color or pattern combo. Any one know if drakes still uses Columbia knit for rugby’s and if it’s possible to get the same colors?

Attachments

• 3F96805A-6999-4DC1-BC1D-0A0D7BC1E871.png
    3F96805A-6999-4DC1-BC1D-0A0D7BC1E871.png
    932.9 KB · Views: 114

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, was able to grab the shirt I regretted missing out on. I appreciate it! Still some good stuff floating around in the sale section.

Bateman233

Reaction score
BLOODY HELL! Why can't retailers with online shops, like Drake's, have a feature that when you put something in your cart, it is yours/reserved for "X" amount of time. That way you can add the remaining items you need and checkout. Nothing is more frustrating than submitting the payment and being notified that an item in your cart is no longer available!

Wouldn't this help alleviate people putting in multiple single item orders? Guess if there's something I want I should just order it ASAP and then continue shopping for the remaining items.

EDIT: Anyone know whether the Drake's Clifford Chukka fits small or large? Thank you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads