• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

catchh

Reaction score
So many issues with the site (especially on mobile) since the redesign. Shocked the web developers have yet to fix. As a former web developer I have no idea how they did not see the obvious errors before launching and why it’s taking so long to correct.

Reaction score
Did anyone actually get any items from the Drakes x ALD collaboration? Was wondering about the quality and fit, can’t locate any pictures of someone wearing any of it out in the wild.
Then again, even at 50% off, they don’t seem to be flying off the shelves, at least on Drake‘s page.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do drakes suits fit btw?

slim so that I need to size up?

im a 38 but could use more room around my back/shoulders.

how different is the patter sizing up? I’ve been enjoying my cotton Eidos casual suiting a lot and think another cotton is what id prefer at this point.

Anyone? The overshirts in medium it me well. What size suit should i go with, 38 or 40, for a fuller fit (trying to avoid slim cut). And what about shirts for that matter, go with 15.5 or size up to 16? My concern is with the shoulders across the back. For pants, some added thigh room would be preferred.

catchh

Reaction score
Their shirts fit narrow in the shoulders so I usually size up.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Anyone? The overshirts in medium it me well. What size suit should i go with, 38 or 40, for a fuller fit (trying to avoid slim cut). And what about shirts for that matter, go with 15.5 or size up to 16? My concern is with the shoulders across the back. For pants, some added thigh room would be preferred.

I copped the brown cotton twill suit recently — I went with 38. I wear a 38 contemporary in Spier and Mackay and found the fit to be somewhat similar (i.e. they’re both pretty good). The trousers are fairly tapered (7.5” leg opening) but definitely have enough leg room. I posted a photo wearing the jacket a few pages back.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their shirts fit narrow in the shoulders so I usually size up.
I copped the brown cotton twill suit recently — I went with 38. I wear a 38 contemporary in Spier and Mackay and found the fit to be somewhat similar (i.e. they’re both pretty good). The trousers are fairly tapered (7.5” leg opening) but definitely have enough leg room. I posted a photo wearing the jacket a few pages back.

thanks!

I have a 40r contemporary Spier & mackay suit. Sized up due to concern with slim and it fits okay fwiw. I may size up on the drake’s as well then, 19cm is a bit slim for the suit pants IMO.

nycs10011

Reaction score

This is probably not the most helpful but over the years I've found sometimes a 38 and sometimes a 40 is better for me in Drakes suits and sports coats. This season 38 was a better fit in what I tried on at the NY shop. Shirts I usually go 39 but will grab a 40 if it's the last available, not a huge difference but the ideal fit would probably be a 40 neck with a 39 body. I'm a medium in the overshirts too.

Nat25

Reaction score
This is probably not the most helpful but over the years I've found sometimes a 38 and sometimes a 40 is better for me in Drakes suits and sports coats. This season 38 was a better fit in what I tried on at the NY shop. Shirts I usually go 39 but will grab a 40 if it's the last available, not a huge difference but the ideal fit would probably be a 40 neck with a 39 body. I'm a medium in the overshirts too.

agree, even in the same season I hover btw 38 and 40 depending on the item and how I want it to fit.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called the Cosby Street store today to get advice on sizing. I'm sometimes a 40, sometimes a 42 in slimmer cuts. Based on my shoulders, chest and waist measurements he adviced me going towards 40, commenting the jackets were cut conservatively and didn't warrant sizing up in my case.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone actually get any items from the Drakes x ALD collaboration? Was wondering about the quality and fit, can’t locate any pictures of someone wearing any of it out in the wild.
Then again, even at 50% off, they don’t seem to be flying off the shelves, at least on Drake‘s page.

I had the Herringbone Harris Tweed Games Blazer in my cart last night for a while. The site was working fine, apart from you can't have too many tabs of it open, but I was debating if I liked my shawl cardigan from a few years ago and so I was re-trying it on as I've never worn it. Then when I finally went back to my cart the blazer was gone. However the Blackwatch Plaid version was still there and so I have one on the way. And fortunately I have the AW17 Herringbone Harris Tweed jacket so I guess I don't need the ALD collaboration version.

From what I looked at the collaboration was selling. Crosby St told me they didn't get any of it in and to check the ALD site, but the Herringbone Games Blazer was sold out there too. I was looking at the village scarf and that was sold out as well.

Very excited to get the Games Blazer I did snag. I was considering the non-collaboration one as well, but we'll see how this one fits and maybe go from there.

flashjack

Reaction score
Grabbed a terracotta flannel and green twill work shirt in the sale. Tempted by the green submariner and a few scarves but I really don't have the weather to enjoy them enough.

emergency & me

Reaction score
If anyone has this season's japanese slub flannels, how heavy is the fabric? Is it a heavy flannel or a more moderate one?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads