• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, and maybe this is old news, their shetland woolens look like they are made by Jamiesons:

Jamiesons_Fairisle_bright_SO_3_1024x1024.jpg

Michael_Jondral-8437_7943f26f-72c6-4284-993d-7c7afe16bf98_2048x.jpg

That’s old news but I’ve never actually seen them use the exact same patterns.

I recently purchased a Drake’s and compared it to my Jamieson’s in the same size. The measurements were identical except length of the Drake’s was a few cm longer.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of their Shetland type stuff seems to be Jamiesons. Lockie made the shawl collar cardigans and perhaps a few other things. Some of the cotton and cashmere stuff is made by Fedeli. The sizing is wildly inconsistent in my experience.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of their Shetland type stuff seems to be Jamiesons. Lockie made the shawl collar cardigans and perhaps a few other things. Some of the cotton and cashmere stuff is made by Fedeli. The sizing is wildly inconsistent in my experience.
Thank for this info was planning on ordering turtle neck but can’t deal with non consistent sizing.

Sammm

Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering the same thing about sizing. I ended up buying a smaller size than I was expecting (half a size down from C&J), but I was swimming in the bigger sizes. They have loosened up a lot after wearing them but I still couldn't wear them for all-day walking, which is a shame because I bought them as a cheap, sturdy, weekend shoe.

I ended up keeping the larger size, in part due to your report, so thanks for that. Wearing them now with insoles and thick wool socks, and I’m very comfy.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new moc toe chukkas look cool, but $380 for non GY shoes is pretty damn steep

ByTheOcean

Reaction score
Do we know who makes the belts for Drake's? Looking for a slim belt with the small rounded brass buckle, but I won't pay the £165 Drake's want.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Is there any different between the Drake's and Lockie Shawl? I missed out on them this year and my size is out of stock but the Lockie one looks identical. The only difference I can see is the smallest size they offer is a 40" and I am a 38".
Just wondered if you knew if there was something different between the two besides name/cost

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any different between the Drake's and Lockie Shawl? I missed out on them this year and my size is out of stock but the Lockie one looks identical. The only difference I can see is the smallest size they offer is a 40" and I am a 38".
Just wondered if you knew if there was something different between the two besides name/cost

I haven’t bought either but a friend bought some Drake’s ones and they are apparently very large compared to the chest measurements — so a 38 would wear like a 40. It may be that they just rebadged the sizes with the same measurements as Lockie. I emailed Lockie a while back and they said they don’t make anything below a 40. Although they also said their measurements are very accurate & unforgiving so their 40 is actually a “small”. Extremely confusing, which is why I never ended up buying any.

I’m going to visit the store before Xmas so if I remember I will try some on and let you know.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we know who makes the belts for Drake's? Looking for a slim belt with the small rounded brass buckle, but I won't pay the £165 Drake's want.

I don't but Equus leather should be able to hook you up with something similar for about £65 less.

I like the concept but think they are ugly. The toe looks too low.

Agree. Teh cynic in me says they're trying to do offer something unique that you can't just kop from Astorflex at half the price.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I haven’t bought either but a friend bought some Drake’s ones and they are apparently very large compared to the chest measurements — so a 38 would wear like a 40. It may be that they just rebadged the sizes with the same measurements as Lockie. I emailed Lockie a while back and they said they don’t make anything below a 40. Although they also said their measurements are very accurate & unforgiving so their 40 is actually a “small”. Extremely confusing, which is why I never ended up buying any.

I’m going to visit the store before Xmas so if I remember I will try some on and let you know.
That's great thank you.

Yeah the smallest size I could find online for a Lockie one was 40 inches. On the website I was looking at it also said order your normal size for a slim fit or up to 2 sizes bigger for a looser fit! It would be like a huge rug on me if I ordered a 44".

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the concept but think they are ugly. The toe looks too low.
Just an opinion but they are cool and certainly not ugly. There are other options with a 'higher toe' that look like someone is wearing a pair of Cornish Pasties, this is a sleeker look. I'll post a pic sometime in the wild. I have a pair as well as three pairs of Astorflex (Sizing! Though undoubted quality). The quality of the Drakes is excellent as is how versatile and comfortable they are. Just my view...

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing pics of yours. My view may change, who knows. I do have two pairs of astorflex and want a third in dark khaki.

Just an opinion but they are cool and certainly not ugly. There are other options with a 'higher toe' that look like someone is wearing a pair of Cornish Pasties, this is a sleeker look. I'll post a pic sometime in the wild. I have a pair as well as three pairs of Astorflex (Sizing! Though undoubted quality). The quality of the Drakes is excellent as is how versatile and comfortable they are. Just my view...

LaymanX

Reaction score
Where are people finding Lockie cardigans online btw? Their actual site appears to be for wholesale last time I checked? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads