• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a few pieces during the sale. I wasn't entirely sure about the sizing on the jackets when trying one on, but after some debating I realized it fit well and I liked it. Really love the fit of the soft shoulder. So I took advantage of the sale and decided to invest in a few of them. I grabbed the Harris Tweed jacket in brown, green and the grey herringbone. I also grabbed the smaller Gun Check pattern jacket and the Glen Check jacket. I'll be wearing them a bit more casually, but I just view as classics that I'll have forever. I also decided to get a few pocket squares. Really love those too. I grabbed the plane print in teal, the dogs print in purple and the duck print in green.

SS18 should be up soon enough. Looking forward to it.

New website is nice, but I'm not seeing any of the editorial content.

Nice pickups! I'm looking forward to seeing what 2018 brings you!

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a few pieces during the sale. I wasn't entirely sure about the sizing on the jackets when trying one on, but after some debating I realized it fit well and I liked it. Really love the fit of the soft shoulder. So I took advantage of the sale and decided to invest in a few of them. I grabbed the Harris Tweed jacket in brown, green and the grey herringbone. I also grabbed the smaller Gun Check pattern jacket and the Glen Check jacket. I'll be wearing them a bit more casually, but I just view as classics that I'll have forever. I also decided to get a few pocket squares. Really love those too. I grabbed the plane print in teal, the dogs print in purple and the duck print in green.

Wow. Nice haul. I love the style of their jackets. Unfortunatley I'm a 38S and they only carry R.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you let us know who makes the tailored clothing for Drakes? Is it still Belvest?

paddymac

Reaction score
the Easyday line tailoring isn't even canvassed. as its unlined, you can just check and its completely just material hence the price difference between the regular line

ShooIn

Reaction score
This tie from the 40th Anniversary collection brightened up my morning

IMG_9438.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can’t imagine buying drakes tailoring because functional cuff...

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pickups! I'm looking forward to seeing what 2018 brings you!

Thanks. I'll give you a preview of 2018: not nearly as much! Even at 50% off it all added up. That said I was still trying to grab the navy Harris Tweed, the larger Gun Check and both corduroy jackets. Sounds like they might have had a Gun Check in my size at the Factory Shop but one of the employees bought it. Rather frustrating since they never replied to my email which they told me to send. Anyway, can't complain too much since I'm very happy with what I have and the over the phone service has been very good. Anyway, like I said, I view them all as classics that I can dress down with denim or dress up a bit with the right trousers. It will be more the former. And the Harris Tweed jackets can serve somewhat as outerwear in the Autumn, though with the amount of Cabourn Mallorys in my closet it feels a bit redundant. At the end of the day I thought the AW look book was absolutely fantastic (bar the knit hats and some of the scarves) and I'd be happy with that look for years and years. In fact I wanted to get some of the shetland crewnecks and sleeveless cardigans, but I wasn't sure about sizing and they were final sale.

Wow. Nice haul. I love the style of their jackets. Unfortunatley I'm a 38S and they only carry R.

Thanks. Well that was my concern. I'm 5'9" to 5'10" and short in the torso (and thus longer in the leg relative to my height) and I wasn't sure when I took delivery of the first jacket. I was actually going to return it but gave it another shot and got a few opinions. Consensus was it wasn't too long and I kept it. Very happy I did.

Can you let us know who makes the tailored clothing for Drakes? Is it still Belvest?

Sorry, no idea.

Contango

Reaction score
Are the prices at their factory shop on Haberdasher St the same as on the website?

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Haberdasher street store...but I visited the Clifford Street shop last week while in London. Picked up one of the cashmere sweater vests that were on-sale on the website...same price.

TC11201

Reaction score
Is it just my browser or has Drake's taken down the "Editorial" section of their website? Shame if this is true / permanent - their lookbooks, articles, etc. were clearly some of the best features of the website and one of the main reasons to keep coming back to the site frequently. Perhaps they moved it?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just my browser or has Drake's taken down the "Editorial" section of their website? Shame if this is true / permanent - their lookbooks, articles, etc. were clearly some of the best features of the website and one of the main reasons to keep coming back to the site frequently. Perhaps they moved it?

I commented on this above. I feel the same as you. Fortunately when I placed an order after the Holidays I asked for a physical lookbook to be included if they had them and they did. Really nice paper stock for a lookbook as well.

Reaction score
I have the following jackets from AW15 and 16 in size 38 if anyone is interested. Very little wear. Based in the UK. Message me with any questions or offers.

Brown herringbone tweed
Drakes-Fall-2015-13-1024x683.jpg

Grey/Charcoal plaid
drakesfall3-675x450.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads