• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Have any of you gents picked up the Selvedge Corduroy Chore in any colour? How is it? Very tempted to get it this weekend and am torn rather between it, or the RM Williams boots and a pair of jeans from anglo. The former being a passion (down right irresponsible) purchase and the latter a more practical one.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Post a fit or get out of here with the trash talk, coward
I'm not sure that was necessarily the mark of the coward, my remark. I'm just convinced, as someone unhealthily obsessed with the clothing at Drake's, that the risk we all run dressing in it is feeling like a million bucks whilst looking like a real dweeb. I've certainly made that mistake before; getting on the tube to meet friends, standing there staring down at what I'm wearing admiringly and thinking, boy do I look good and turning up to people laughing and telling me I look like I'm 1) about to go hunting 2) dressed like a chartered accountant 3) dressed like paddington bear etc. etc. It's a hard balance to strike!

garigo

Reaction score
Have any of you gents picked up the Selvedge Corduroy Chore in any colour? How is it? Very tempted to get it this weekend and am torn rather between it, or the RM Williams boots and a pair of jeans from anglo. The former being a passion (down right irresponsible) purchase and the latter a more practical one.
I have the dark green one and I like it a lot! It's one of my favorite jackets. You can find pictures of it if you go back in the thread.

Do you have any specific questions?

GabrielJF

Reaction score
I have the dark green one and I like it a lot! It's one of my favorite jackets. You can find pictures of it if you go back in the thread.

Do you have any specific questions?
Well the only chore of there’s is ha be is the tencel. It’s light and hangs beautifully and would get the suede if I could justifythe price which I can’t really. The corduroy seemed like the next best thing. Does it hang well? Drakes stuff does tend to. Is it soft or hard wearing?

RajunCajun

Reaction score
I'm not sure that was necessarily the mark of the coward, my remark. I'm just convinced, as someone unhealthily obsessed with the clothing at Drake's, that the risk we all run dressing in it is feeling like a million bucks whilst looking like a real dweeb. I've certainly made that mistake before; getting on the tube to meet friends, standing there staring down at what I'm wearing admiringly and thinking, boy do I look good and turning up to people laughing and telling me I look like I'm 1) about to go hunting 2) dressed like a chartered accountant 3) dressed like paddington bear etc. etc. It's a hard balance to strike!

Are your friends into Goth core? Quoting you: "turning up to people laughing and telling me I look like I'm 1) about to go hunting 2) dressed like a chartered accountant 3) dressed like paddington bear etc. etc."......Isn't that sort of Drake's aesthetic at some level?

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Are your friends into Goth core? Quoting you: "turning up to people laughing and telling me I look like I'm 1) about to go hunting 2) dressed like a chartered accountant 3) dressed like paddington bear etc. etc."......Isn't that sort of Drake's aesthetic at some level?
Welcome to the world of parody my friend, come on in and take a look around

garigo

Reaction score
Well the only chore of there’s is ha be is the tencel. It’s light and hangs beautifully and would get the suede if I could justifythe price which I can’t really. The corduroy seemed like the next best thing. Does it hang well? Drakes stuff does tend to. Is it soft or hard wearing?
Yes I would say it does! It’s pretty soft in the sense that it doesn’t need breaking in, but at the same time it seems pretty resistant to me.

Mujib

Reaction score
Were some of the older overshirts longer than others? I recently got two with buttoned flap pockets at the bottom, and both are very short. I was hoping the length would be similar to that on the one pictured here:

Was the longer length specific to this style?

The fit of mine in general is off. The sleeves are long, and I have this same problem at the underarms: http://www.linnegatan2.com/drake-s-shacket-cotton-olive-xl?blockid=9&catid=79

Maybe I got the wrong size. I'm a 40R and bought a medium, but they seem to run small.

Mujib

Reaction score
Actually, I can't find a picture anywhere online without that problem at the underarms. How have y'all addressed this?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The example from linnegatan you posted is way too small on him. If yours looks like that you should definitely size up.
I would think a 40 would take an L, I'm a 42 and wear an XL in the overshirts

Thethrill

Reaction score
boy do I look good and turning up to people laughing and telling me I look like I'm 1) about to go hunting 2) dressed like a chartered accountant 3) dressed like paddington bear etc. etc. It's a hard balance to strike!

Oh, I get it. You get insulted in real life so you go and be a prick to somebody from the safety of your computer desk to feel better about yourself.

The insult doesn't even make sense, if you are "unhealthily obsessed with the clothing at Drake's", then I can't figure out what your problem is with his outfit, as he basically looks like he could be in a drake's look book. At least say why, in your opinion, the outfit doesn't work, instead just being a negative prick. Either that or post your own fits to show us how to do it.

Mujib

Reaction score
The example from linnegatan you posted is way too small on him. If yours looks like that you should definitely size up.
I would think a 40 would take an L, I'm a 42 and wear an XL in the overshirts

Thanks for this!

Yeah, mine does fit like in the pic. Even a little tighter in the stomach when buttoned. I guess I’ll have to sell them and look for large.

Should sizing up also take care of the issue at the armholes?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this!

Yeah, mine does fit like in the pic. Even a little tighter in the stomach when buttoned. I guess I’ll have to sell them and look for large.

Should sizing up also take care of the issue at the armholes?
It definitely does for me. I think the problem is caused by a combination of the armhole being too high and the shoulder being too narrow for your frame. I had a similar issue when I bought a large

GabrielJF

Reaction score
It was a joke! This may be a rather trans Atlantic miscommunication, I think. None of the things I listed I considered insults and my comment was thoroughly tongue and cheek too. My response to you was for the sake of illustrating that if you commit whole heartedly to a brands look, you might look a little silly. Something I have done multiple times in my love of drake’s clothes. If you post a photo of yourself online looking like you’re on day release, you might get joked about - it’s the risk we take! Now, calm down old chap.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads