• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
I do; I did. Unfortunately, both stretched massively. I’d recommend going down a size, otherwise in a year they’ll look like they’re two sizes too big.
Why not go and get the waist taken in? I had that issue with the stone wash jeans and just got the waist taken in and they fit quite perfectly now

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not go and get the waist taken in? I had that issue with the stone wash jeans and just got the waist taken in and they fit quite perfectly now
How did your tailor manage to do that with jeans as the waistband is one piece of fabric?

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Cutting the waistband - I took them to BlackHorse Lane in london. Jeans alterations are their whole area
Do you have a picture? Very intriguing, only heard good things from BHL. I have massive thighs so always need to buy jeans that are larger but then the waist is huge. This would be great!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture? Very intriguing, only heard good things from BHL. I have massive thighs so always need to buy jeans that are larger but then the waist is huge. This would be great!
This is a common alteration, at least for my tailor as well. Honestly surprised to hear people are surprised about it ?

Calanon

Reaction score
Damn, Drake's got back to me and said no plans for the lambswool sleeveless cardigans this season. Unfortunate.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Damn, Drake's got back to me and said no plans for the lambswool sleeveless cardigans this season. Unfortunate.

Too bad. I usually grab a new color from season to season. Keep an eye on eBay, they seem to come up from time to time.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the opportunity to attend a local shop's fall trunk show, with Drakes in attendance.

While they admitted much of their F/W stock is still on its way in shipping, they had a decent amount.

Suede jackets, MTM shirting, a few pairs of shoes etc.

The Bond Shoe is very cool, grabbed a few pocket squares (I am still a sucker for those) and the grey/black herringbone A-line topcoat (apparently last year's model) tempted me. I also tried on the "new 2021" sport coat fit, and it is great, nice soft shoulder, great lapel, nice fit overall.

The highlight (for me at least) was their new lighter OCBD, using a lightweight, slightly slubby, oxford cloth, i actually thought is was a cotton linen blend left over from summer. Grabbed a blue, and an ecru... cant wait to get hem washed and into the shirt rotation.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the opportunity to attend a local shop's fall trunk show, with Drakes in attendance.

While they admitted much of their F/W stock is still on its way in shipping, they had a decent amount.

Suede jackets, MTM shirting, a few pairs of shoes etc.

The Bond Shoe is very cool, grabbed a few pocket squares (I am still a sucker for those) and the grey/black herringbone A-line topcoat (apparently last year's model) tempted me. I also tried on the "new 2021" sport coat fit, and it is great, nice soft shoulder, great lapel, nice fit overall.

The highlight (for me at least) was their new lighter OCBD, using a lightweight, slightly slubby, oxford cloth, i actually thought is was a cotton linen blend left over from summer. Grabbed a blue, and an ecru... cant wait to get hem washed and into the shirt rotation.
What's your go-to pairing for the ecru shirt?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your go-to pairing for the ecru shirt?

I have an older ecru OCBD (BB) that used to get lots of wear in F/W with various tweeds (brown, green, black and white herringbone) with softer cashmere or madder neckwear, flannels for the lower half. I look forward to the Drakes entering rotation with similar fits when the weather cools a bit (mid 80s here this week)

Is the new Manhattan store open yet?

I did ask, not yet, but very soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads