• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Loving the new cord suit but after lengthening the sleeves to the right fit i feel the button positioning is off and would like to get the group’s take 🙏🏼 would you recommend moving the top button down? Thanks! View attachment 1675401 View attachment 1675402
Difficult decision. I think I’d leave it as it is if I’m honest. Too much risk trying to get it just right while 99% of people wouldn’t notice the current placement.

Treble

Reaction score
Presume you're suggesting making it into a 5 button cuff?

If you wanted to add a spare button to check with a simple stitch you would know for sure whether 5 looked weirder than the slight extra gap.

Love the suit btw!

polyfusion

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Does anyone have the Drake‘s Valstar suede jacket? I wonder if it fits true to size? Thanks!
do you mean the suede one from this season or the one that is exactly like the valstarino from last year?
I bought the valstarino one from last year and for me, found it a little tight, which as I understand it, the valstarinos are well known for, and all but very slim sharp Italians normally size up.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Loving the new cord suit but after lengthening the sleeves to the right fit i feel the button positioning is off and would like to get the group’s take 🙏🏼 would you recommend moving the top button down? Thanks! View attachment 1675401 View attachment 1675402
Have those buttonholes been cut?

If not, I would move the last button to the other side, like the photo below (maybe even move two).

If the buttonholes are cut, then there's nothing you can do besides adding an extra button. Personally, I wouldn't add another button. I think five buttons would stick out more than a button set that's high on the sleeve.

FWIW, my coats have their first buttonhole cut about 1.25" or 1.5" away from the edge of the sleeve.

Note, I don't know if removing buttonhole stitching on corduroy will show. This is something you can sometimes do with wool, but corduroy has a nap. Would ask the tailor before proceeding.

9F878354-AF5B-4030-A390-6FF263D06D5A.jpeg

Loupetlapin

Reaction score
do you mean the suede one from this season or the one that is exactly like the valstarino from last year?
I bought the valstarino one from last year and for me, found it a little tight, which as I understand it, the valstarinos are well known for, and all but very slim sharp Italians normally size up.
Thank you, that is helpful.

vida

Reaction score
Honestly, I would just leave it alone.
I cannot figure out why makers continue to place buttonholes on sleeves. If the sleeve length isn’t exactly right, and it never is, then you’re always going to have unbalanced sleeve buttons. Does anyone on this forum have a logical reason as to why this practice started and continues?

blue peter

Reaction score
Have those buttonholes been cut?

If not, I would move the last button to the other side, like the photo below (maybe even move two).

If the buttonholes are cut, then there's nothing you can do besides adding an extra button. Personally, I wouldn't add another button. I think five buttons would stick out more than a button set that's high on the sleeve.

FWIW, my coats have their first buttonhole cut about 1.25" or 1.5" away from the edge of the sleeve.

Note, I don't know if removing buttonhole stitching on corduroy will show. This is something you can sometimes do with wool, but corduroy has a nap. Would ask the tailor before proceeding.

View attachment 1675527
thanks dw, they aren’t cut and the folks at drakes advised moving them is possible - unknown is if the move will leave a trace where the button was originally, as you note…i have to imagine it would 😬

Hellbent

Reaction score
thanks dw, they aren’t cut and the folks at drakes advised moving them is possible - unknown is if the move will leave a trace where the button was originally, as you note…i have to imagine it would 😬
I would leave it as is. If it still bothers you in a few months then you can think about taking action. I has happened many times that I have fretted about imperfections, and then actually have come not only to accept them, but to like them for the added "character". And in this case, with such a casual jacket, I especially wouldn't mind too much. It would be different if we were talking about your wedding suit :)

wilcthree

Reaction score
Oops I just ordered a scarf, my first nice one. Completely on impulse. No thoughts at all on how I will wear it. But maybe, grey herringbone tweed jacket and brown cords could work?
I’ve been eyeing Drake’s scarves like this and the one @K. Nights posted a couple pages back. Anyone know where to score one for less than $225 USD? I missed out on opportunities to get one via the archive sale. I constantly check eBay. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing Drake’s scarves like this and the one @K. Nights posted a couple pages back. Anyone know where to score one for less than $225 USD? I missed out on opportunities to get one via the archive sale. I constantly check eBay. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I see them only very seldomly on the secondhand market. They're probably due for another archive sale before too long, your best bet is probably to wait for one of those and hope they have something you like

wilcthree

Reaction score
I see them only very seldomly on the secondhand market. They're probably due for another archive sale before too long, your best bet is probably to wait for one of those and hope they have something you like
Thank you, my friend. I appreciate the insight.

camez_

Reaction score
I think they're a bit smaller but Portia1924 got some under 150USD right now

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.