• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
this post triggered me to pick up another ecru pair, I bought a size too big last time

1625003016094.png

Trevallon

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this tie in any of the look books or know the name of this tie, please?

Looking high and low but not getting much luck due to not knowing the name that this tie was called. Any advice is much appreciated.
View attachment 1632125
Have you contacted Drakes directly? They should be able to help...

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this tie in any of the look books or know the name of this tie, please?

Looking high and low but not getting much luck due to not knowing the name that this tie was called. Any advice is much appreciated.
View attachment 1632125
Have you contacted Drakes directly? They should be able to help...

You can also sort on the Drakes site => Accessories => Ties => Striped Ties

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
for those of you that own the suede chore jackets, how has it aged? I just tried on a the rust color and wow, it is amazing. For size reference I tired on a size 38 and it fits great. I wear a size 15.5 in the regular oxfords, a size 38 in Drake's tailoring, and a size medium in the overshirts.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
I’d think not anytime soon. Not sure what stock they’d even have left for an archive sale at this point.
Not entirely true. I was told at Drakes on Savile Row that they’re having another ‘event’ later this year. Whether that means another sample sale or just the usual seasonal archive sale, who knows. Perhaps Covid hasn’t been wonderful for Drakes either

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of the cotton ripstop jungle jackets? If so what are your thoughts? Considering getting one but having got a number of summer through to September items of outerwear and nothing really in the way of chores for fall/winter, would the jungle jacket be a needless folly? Or is it something you can wear comfortably in the colder months?

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not entirely true. I was told at Drakes on Savile Row that they’re having another ‘event’ later this year. Whether that means another sample sale or just the usual seasonal archive sale, who knows. Perhaps Covid hasn’t been wonderful for Drakes either

COVID seems to have been great for luxury brands generally. I don’t think Drake’s is struggling based on how quickly a lot of stuff sells out. Seasonal sales are part of the business model (i.e. price discrimination) of most luxury brands so I don’t see it as a sign of struggling.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d think not anytime soon. Not sure what stock they’d even have left for an archive sale at this point.

An archive sale could happen later this year, and still fall into the realm of "not anytime soon" so you can both be right.

I would agree with bb, likely no archive sale soon after the sample sales in London and NY.

Yet an archive sale in autumn makes sense.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
An archive sale could happen later this year, and still fall into the realm of "not anytime soon" so you can both be right.

I would agree with bb, likely no archive sale soon after the sample sales in London and NY.

Yet an archive sale in autumn makes sense.

I suppose it’s funny how words can be open to interpretation. After the chaos in the london sale, when I was told they were holding another event this year I was quite surprised and left thinking, how soon!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose it’s funny how words can be open to interpretation. After the chaos in the london sale, when I was told they were holding another event this year I was quite surprised and left thinking, how soon!

:D :D

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of the cotton ripstop jungle jackets? If so what are your thoughts? Considering getting one but having got a number of summer through to September items of outerwear and nothing really in the way of chores for fall/winter, would the jungle jacket be a needless folly? Or is it something you can wear comfortably in the colder months?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads