• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kentpope

Reaction score
Many thanks for the kind offer! Is there any way we can see what’s on offer, including sizes and prices? Apart from you making pics?!

Just hazarding a guess here but I would wager that most of the sample sale inventory will be returns and unsold inventory from the Archive sale.

mission155

Reaction score
Can anyone share address/details on the NYC sample sale?

NVM, it was shared earlier.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pricing at the UK sample sale:

Edward Green - £395 shoes, £495 boots. Few things priced up or down from this for example cordovan boots.

Drakes, hoping I got this right from memory:

Ties £35 or 4 for £100
Knitwear £75
Sweatshirts £45
Shirts £65 or 3 for £150
Casual outerwear £195, formal £295, leather / suede £395
Tailored jackets £295
Games jackets £165, and I think some unstructured jackets for £195
Scarves £45
Knitted accessories £25

They also had a final clearance corner with some decent deals on eclectic stuff - e.g. there was a dark rose corduroy Belvest tailored jacket for £75, and some discounted LEJ and ALD shirts and tops.

So prices were a bit keener than the recent online sales, and stock seemed pretty deep. But it did depend on the item - so I think there were only two baseball caps, and they went pretty quickly.

Lots of genuine sample stuff, and older season stock, e.g. Belvest outerwear.

Queues around the block, especially since they were only letting a certain number of people in due to the Covid restrictions.

jalebi

Reaction score

Edward Green - £395 shoes, £495 boots. Few things priced up or down from this for example cordovan boots.

Ties £35 or 4 for £100
Knitwear £75
Sweatshirts £45
Shirts £65 or 3 for £150
Tailored jackets £295
Scarves £45
Knitted accessories £25

They also had a final clearance corner with some decent deals on eclectic stuff - e.g. there was a dark rose corduroy Belvest tailored jacket for £75, and some discounted LEJ and ALD shirts and tops.

So prices were a bit keener than the recent online sales, and stock seemed pretty deep. But it did depend on the item - so I think there were only two baseball caps, and they went pretty quickly.

Queues around the block, especially since they were only letting a certain number of people in due to the Covid restrictions.

Any idea how long the queue would take? Thinking of swinging by after work.

mbb355

Reaction score

Ties £35 or 4 for £100
Knitwear £75
Sweatshirts £45
Shirts £65 or 3 for £150
Tailored jackets £295
Scarves £45
Knitted accessories £25

Damn!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was much sold out? I’m popping down tomorrow lunchtime.

Stock was pretty deep when I left - but eclectic. So if you go looking for something specific, you may not get it - but if you wanted a size 40 jumper, or a sportcoat in 38 with some brown in it, should be in luck.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stock was pretty deep when I left - but eclectic. So if you go looking for something specific, you may not get it - but if you wanted a size 40 jumper, or a sportcoat in 38 with some brown in it, should be in luck.
This is the London or NY sale?

bism416

Reaction score
Just left the London sale.

I arrived around 5 and it was quiet. Left closer to 6 and it was quite busy but no queue.

Previously posted pricing seems correct. I was surprised by the amount of good looking tailoring. I don’t own any drakes tailoring and found it to be too boxy for my lanky frame

I grabbed a shirt and scarf. When I was waiting to check out there was a woman behind me with an armful of scarves and it made me feel like going back for more as they are a steal at that price but the checkout was so slow I couldn’t deal with the idea of going to the back of the queue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads