• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score
It’s been 25 degrees here all week!
If that's as hot as it gets, then you've made my point! Where I am, it's 85 degrees fahrenheit, and feels like 95 with humidity. Particularly when you're at the extreme end of the temperature spectrum, each marginal degree makes a big difference. By the way, I should say I'm jealous of UK weather--it's much easier to dress elegantly in cooler temps.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that's as hot as it gets, then you've made my point! Where I am, it's 85 degrees fahrenheit, and feels like 95 with humidity. Particularly when you're at the extreme end of the temperature spectrum, each marginal degree makes a big difference. By the way, I should say I'm jealous of UK weather--it's much easier to dress elegantly in cooler temps.

Amen. If 25 was considered "hot" I wouldn't even need to own a short sleeve shirt.

coooaaat

Reaction score
I have my eye on these lovely pants. Looking at the flat waist measurement I would fit a size 32, but trousers tagged 32 are usually too loose on me. Do Drake's pants fit small or are the measurements untrustworthy?

jalebi

Reaction score
25 in London is hot, due to the relative humidity and the fact that so many buildings are designed to keep heat in. Don't get me started on the lack of AC here!

mbb355

Reaction score
25 in London is hot, due to the relative humidity and the fact that so many buildings are designed to keep heat in. Don't get me started on the lack of AC here!
Funny you say that, we have the opposite problem. Our summers get quite hot and humid, so all the indoor establishments blast A/C to the point where they're uncomfortably cold. So I end up bringing a sweater in 90-degree weather.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Not really fair re the thick polo - it’s a perfect item for transitional weather, which we have a lot here in Northern Europe. One day it is 21 degrees Celsius and the next it is 15. I have the navy polo from this season and I’ve been wearing mine a lot!

Also now is the time where you will see lighter summer items coming in, like the hawai type shirts, which I dig a lot.

Calanon

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm far, far more comfortable in 35C and no humidity than 25C and 90% humidity!

mbb355

Reaction score
Drakes seems, for now, to be abandoning the “Collection” model in favor of releasing one or two new things twice a week. I don't like it. i think the main reason is that it means no more great lookbooks. The Collection lookbooks are the best. It's nice to see how all the different pieces in a Collection fit together. Plus, it's just more fun when they drop a bunch of new stuff at once, rather than in a slow trickle.

Calanon

Reaction score
I can see they've added two new needlecord caps, navy and emerald. Hopefully the Chard Racquets in light blue is in stock soon.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Drakes seems, for now, to be abandoning the “Collection” model in favor of releasing one or two new things twice a week. I don't like it. i think the main reason is that it means no more great lookbooks. The Collection lookbooks are the best. It's nice to see how all the different pieces in a Collection fit together. Plus, it's just more fun when they drop a bunch of new stuff at once, rather than in a slow trickle.
I saw this gentleman last evening and looked like he was coming right from a Drake’s lookbook shoot. So don’t give up hope.
21345275-93DF-4527-9A23-F50D8AC56373.jpeg

Calanon

Reaction score
It's so humid and my summer clothing for work is so limited I'm actually tempted by the white linen camp collar shirt to wear to work.

NikG

Reaction score
First wear of the green striped OCBD from this most recent Archive Sale along with the pale blue linen over-shirt from the previous Archive Sale and an Aimé Leon Dore collab pocket square from couple seasons ago to complete it.

9AF3DD08-203E-4C2A-A64A-D2FCC38E732E.jpeg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a throwback. Nothing like OP shorts to pair with a Billabong tee.
I lived in OP in HS. I recall that at least where I lived (East Coast), you had to make sure you weren’t buying last year‘s t-shirts. Gotta have the ‘86 not the ‘85. But the corduroy shorts were the bomb.

Did someone say corduroy shorts?

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Bought some Drake’s green cord shorts last summer, really nice, but haven’t had much opportunity to wear them! I also have two pairs of Remi Relief summer cords, and I even wore one pair last month with a linen shirt. Cords and summer who whould have thought!

Different topic: today I took delivery of an Alexander Kraft blazer, nice mixture of linen and wool. It has some similar style elements as Drake’s but fitting is an alltogether different beast. The Kraft blazer is less boxy with narrow shoulders versus the length of the blazer, which just feels uncomfortable to wear. Probably not a great fit if you work out. So, this has made me appreciate Drake’s even more, as most blazers just fit me well straight away.
AEBD1AEC-BF4F-438F-9FB7-17E47663AC06.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics