• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

asewonder

Reaction score
I have had this done.
On my particular over shirt it was expensive as they had to take the sleeves off and shorten them from the arm hole end. I think I paid £50.
That said, it made the over shirt much much better for me and was absolutely worth the expense. I’ve come to really love having alterations done on casual clothes - It can really take a piece that is ok, to great.

Thanks, yeah the rest of it fits perfectly but it’s either I always roll the sleeves or have them shortened.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to wear the block colour knit! The indigo cord chore coat is also Drake's.

0758303cd0ae78ebbcda60ae1c6f9c4bde56f548.jpg

justinpledger

Reaction score
That is a gorgeous chore coat. Is it still available? I can't see it on their website...
Thank you!
J

Nbarbar

Reaction score
FYI, there's some Drake's shirts and a games blazer on sale from Standard and Strange at archive sale prices.

Those raw denim shirts are pretty great

Philby

Reaction score
I am finding myself rather intrigued by the summery fair isle sweater vest in the last lookbook. Light colours, perhaps in linen. It feels right though I cannot quite explicate why. Seems to be an unique item for the shot though and not on offer for sale?

jalebi

Reaction score
I am finding myself rather intrigued by the summery fair isle sweater vest in the last lookbook. Light colours, perhaps in linen. It feels right though I cannot quite explicate why. Seems to be an unique item for the shot though and not on offer for sale?

It's in cotton sadly. It was available here: https://www.drakes.com/multi-colour-fair-isle-knit-sleeveless-v-neck-jumper

Looks like its sold out.

You can see the details if you find a cached version. $425 for a cotton vest is very steep.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If you search eBay for "Ralph Lauren Fair Isle vest," you can find an alternative for about $125

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Philby

Reaction score
Hm. I think what is appealing about it is its sparse design. It reminds me of something though I cannot yet recall what. Has a 70s smart casual wear vibe about it?

justinpledger

Reaction score
Thank you! I got it in the sale in January 2020. They might not make it any longer.

It is one of the best chore jackets I've seen! Such a beautiful colour. I am obsessed with their chore jackets! I have the rust heavyweight suede one (without the blanket lining), the dark denim one. And now I want to get the forest green corduroy one and possibly even the navy tencel one ?

garigo

Reaction score
It is one of the best chore jackets I've seen! Such a beautiful colour. I am obsessed with their chore jackets! I have the rust heavyweight suede one (without the blanket lining), the dark denim one. And now I want to get the forest green corduroy one and possibly even the navy tencel one ?
Can vouch for the corduroy one, it's the perfect shade of green!

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

how did you size on the suede jacket? I am a size medium in the overshirts and am thinking of getting a 38

justinpledger

Reaction score
I bought a size medium in the overshirt and am a 38 in the chore jacket! I have a horrible feeling that they may have sold out here in the UK. But perhaps not where you are! I really hope you get one as it's a gorgeous piece. Let me know!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads