• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

zenosparadox

Reaction score
Is shipping really $25? flat in US?
They quoted $25 on the shipping options page, but my actual shipping on the final checkout page came to just over $20. I experimented with different quantities and order totals and shipping always came to this amount, so I assume this is a flat rate.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They quoted $25 on the shipping options page, but my actual shipping on the final checkout page came to just over $20. I experimented with different quantities and order totals and shipping always came to this amount, so I assume this is a flat rate.
Thanks for letting me know about your experiment. Wanted to pick up a single tie, but the shipping no longer makes it attractive to buy one...........probably.

hpreston

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Drakes and VBC suits come with buttons for braces? I'd take the plunge if yes, otherwise, I'll live without this olive suit.
Isn’t that a really inexpensive post-purchase alteration if it doesn’t have buttons and you like the suit? Like in the order of $1 or $2 per button x six buttons?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for your response @hpreston. I imagine it is but even before this pandemic I've learned over time that I much prefer RTW with the lease amount of work done after purchase. I will still get alterations done but that even sometime is such a hassle.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did anyone else think the overshirts were just too boxy in the fit? Had they been a bit slimmer, they would have been ideal IMO.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have two overshirts from Drakes and like the fit, TTS. I take a medium and am a standard 48 top. I actually thought they would fit slim when purchased the first jacket but surprised they fit so well. YMMV

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find them quite narrow in the shoulder but otherwise TTS 🤷‍♂️

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Isn’t that a really inexpensive post-purchase alteration if it doesn’t have buttons and you like the suit? Like in the order of $1 or $2 per button x six buttons?
The waistband has to be right for braces. Some trouser makers use a softer waistband interlining for comfort. You can sometimes alter trousers and put buttons on them, but it depends on the waistband interlining.

polyfusion

Reaction score
The waistband has to be right for braces. Some trouser makers use a softer waistband interlining for comfort. You can sometimes alter trousers and put buttons on them, but it depends on the waistband interlining.
I’ve had brace buttons added to two pairs of drakes trousers now through their in house alterations service - glen check linen and mid grey flannel. I think they were about £16 in total.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed the olive cardigan at Drake's sale. I sized up from normal 42 to 44 based on the measurements. Hope I got it right. Fits in to my winter Irish Gentleman look.

Logging into my account tripped Google Chrome's "Your Password is compromised" warning. No idea why but now I have a bunch of saved passwords to adjust. Huh. Anyone else have that happen?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's