• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red is definitely preferable of the two. You get more of the effect and I think it translates better in terms of seasonality.

emergency & me

Reaction score
Anyone have both Drake's and Spier & Mackay linen shirts who can draw comparisons? I know Drake's are Italian or Japanese linen and SM are Irish but beyond that I'm trying to reconcile the differences in my head.
I don't have any of the 2020 linen offerings from them, but based on earlier stuff I have to give it to Drake's. SM has great cotton-linen offerings, but their pure linen shirting feels a bit spongy and meh, it also wrinkles in a less pleasant way.

SM seems to use thicker linen for their sport coats and suits that is awesome though.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Does anyone if the Drake’s linen shirts are machine-washable? Or are they suggested dry clean only? Thank you.
I've always machine washed Drake's. I find washing them on the 'gentlest' setting at cold and line hanging them has no impact on longevity. G Inglese on the other hand.....

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Drakes espadrilles and can compare (size and quality) with Castaner?

hpreston

Reaction score
Does anyone know if drake's is planning to make any more of these popovers, or if they are still in stock anywhere? I'm looking for another one in a different color in xl/xxl
In the past they have not done any mid season restocks, once a season is complete, that’s it for that season/year. Your best bet is to keep an eye out for returns. Or once London and NY open back up, call the shops, they may have stock not reflected online.

shirtandty

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Drakes espadrilles and can compare (size and quality) with Castaner?
Size wise I had to size down on both. Quality wise I tried different materials but both are quality imo. Castaner seems to have a heftier sole.

Sammm

Reaction score
Size wise I had to size down on both. Quality wise I tried different materials but both are quality imo. Castaner seems to have a heftier sole.
Interesting, as Drake’s recommends sizing up. My true size is 42.5, so... not sure whether to go up or down. I don’t like super snug espadrille fits so maybe up is safer.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.