• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anybody recommend a good source for a solid navy tie? Drakes doesn't seem to go beyond 8cm. I know about cappelli and Hober, but was wondering if there are any OTR options from a high-quality maker.

Thanks in advance!

John Rosen

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anybody recommend a good source for a solid navy tie? Drakes doesn't seem to go beyond 8cm. I know about cappelli and Hober, but was wondering if there are any OTR options from a high-quality maker.

Thanks in advance!

Have you considered Turnbull & Asser? There are some 9.5 navy ties, for instance, this one:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered Turnbull & Asser? There are some 9.5 navy ties, for instance, this one:
That's a great one, but was looking for a repp. Anybody here wear satin ties to the office? Serious question.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a great one, but was looking for a repp. Anybody here wear satin ties to the office? Serious question.
Will at ASW used to recommend satin ties for evening events. I bought one and found it difficult to wear.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will at ASW used to recommend satin ties for evening events. I bought one and found it difficult to wear.
Fair enough. I remember David Reeves said it was doable, but I haven't seen too many successful examples.

clemente21

Reaction score
Another Drake’s outfit today. Pants don’t really work with the shirt and jacket but oh well.
339A5CD4-9202-49F2-B81A-47E737194838.jpeg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big pro tip:

TheRake just dropped their latest Drake’s offerings, including a really nice tropical coat with leather details.

But here’s the kicker: it’s selling for $795US. But if you change it to Canadian dollar, it comes out to $637US.

But there’s more! Add the 10% off code, and it’s only $570 US.

happy hunting (or arbitraging).

Bateman233

Reaction score
Thanks in advance! Does anyone have a recommendation on where to find more affordable socks that are in the same colors Drake's offers? For example, the sock/color below:

Attachments

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance! Does anyone have a recommendation on where to find more affordable socks that are in the same colors Drake's offers? For example, the sock/color below:
Try uniqlo

Seconded. The material won't be the same and they don't have 'over the calf' socks like Drake'sbut they have a ton of colours and they are very affordable. I'm wearing a pair right now :)

georgeka

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%