• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Drake's makes a good shirt. I've never had any issues with the 10-15 I've owned over the years. Their OCBDs are better than their dress shirts and I always have a few in my closet. That being said; they're not the best shirts at the price point, but the styling, colors, fits, etc. are great and if it's something you like, they're a good buy.

printyra

Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with their chinos? They look really great in all the lookbooks and I have been hunting for the ideal pair of chinos forever.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm comparing them to Zegna and G.Inglese. I see on SF that Zegna shirts are way overpriced but they fit me the best so don't have a choice. Drake's, I've bought one and it fits pretty well.

TokenMao

Reaction score
The SF hivemind really likes to call things overpriced though... but they often fall short at finding an equivalent alternative at the prefered price point.

Great point. In my limited experience Drakes is good for RTW in the $100-150 price range. I’m sure if you’re optimizing for quality to price ratio (however you choose to define that) there are more “optimal” choices out there but I don’t really have an alternative RTW suggestion in that range. If you want more handwork like with G. Inglese you’re moving to a higher price bracket.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Great point. In my limited experience Drakes is good for RTW in the $100-150 price range. I’m sure if you’re optimizing for quality to price ratio (however you choose to define that) there are more “optimal” choices out there but I don’t really have an alternative RTW suggestion in that range. If you want more handwork like with G. Inglese you’re moving to a higher price bracket.
I ordered my first T&A shirt today. I have no idea how it will turn out but wish me luck!

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you call the NY shop?

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't actually, since I'm from Europe, but might try to do so .. Tried to locate the tie at some of the Drake's official stockists, but surprisingly not many carried this specific style ..

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todd Snyder has a couple of ties on their site that are on sale with an extra 40% off right now with code BIG40. Takes them to over half off. Same goes for J Crew with their sale ties and code... FLASH75.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry Rosen in Canada has Drake's ties for 60% off, + 15% off kicker. Brings it down to as low as $56US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads