• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sammm

Reaction score
This. Slowly replacing all my old Brooks Brothers Original and deadstock OCBDs with Drake's. Best OCBD there is for me, and I tried quite a few over the last couple of years. Love the collar roll on them as well. Would love to know how they compare to Mercer & Sons, which, during my time in the US, I only tried briefly and couldn't really enjoy because of the generous fit. Thom Browne on the other hand was just too fitted, and sizing a bit on the weird side as well.

How long are the collar points on the Drake’s button-downs? (And for those who have them, Anglo-Italian’s?)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

After all the Drake's posts earlier my browser has displayed nothing but Drake's ads for two days now! Kind of cool...

mattg1027

Reaction score
Some great deals to be had on Drake's gear at Michael Jondral (especially those of us who are eligible for ex-VAT).

Code 20EXTRA gets an additional 20% off already great sale prices.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1220648

After all the Drake's posts earlier my browser has displayed nothing but Drake's ads for two days now! Kind of cool...

Mark Cho is courting you via google ads. Slowly, but surely, you will be shilling in a this thread. LOL.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark Cho is courting you via google ads. Slowly, but surely, you will be shilling in a this thread. LOL.
I really like Mark Cho! Both his endeavors are places I honestly enjoy shopping at. Wifey wants to walk the High Line on our upcoming NYC trip so I hope to visit both Drake's and The Armoury while down there. (Mark - send me free stuff! ;))

Last edited:

cbusguy

Reaction score
i know this isn't how most people would wear one of these, but i wanted to share. this is an apple to oranges comparison with an unstructured eidos jacket. both size 40. i thought the fabrics would look more similar than they do. there is a distinct difference from a few feet away. i probably will keep both

IMG-4627.jpg

IMG-4622.jpg

compared to the eidos tweed:

IMG-4634.JPG

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i know this isn't how most people would wear one of these, but i wanted to share. this is an apple to oranges comparison with an unstructured eidos jacket. both size 40. i thought the fabrics would look more similar than they do. there is a distinct difference from a few feet away. i probably will keep both

View attachment 1220705

View attachment 1220706

compared to the eidos tweed:

View attachment 1220704

Fabrics are similar, but the cuts look pretty different to me. I like the first one better on you (the darker sport coat). The fronts have more shape, and the gorge and outbreast pocket are a little lower.

cbusguy

Reaction score
yeah, the drake's definitely looks and feels better. the eidos is an augusto or whatever it's called, so there isn't much too it. the lapel is rolling a little more than i would like on it too (the buttoning points are actually almost the same)

Reaction score

That’s how they get you. Plus, given what I’ve seen and read so far, wouldn’t hurt to get him into some non-accessories from Drake’s.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s how they get you. Plus, given what I’ve seen and read so far, wouldn’t hurt to get him into some non-accessories from Drake’s.
I think my sartorial eye is fairly well-calibrated thank you very much. ?

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I really enjoy Anglo Italians drab/ muted colour palette with subtle patterns. Both in the sports jackets and ties. That's what makes them stand spart, IMHO. I own a couple of their OCBD's and they're actually a little too formal for me. That's mostly because of their slim cut and high collar. This makes them sit really nice under a sports jacket, both with and without a tie, but look a little off when worn without. They're not casual. I actually prefer the Drake's OCBD's for casual purposes. The collar is high, but not too high, and curved. This makes them more casual.

Agreed on Anglo-Italians color palette. I’m a very plain guy color wise. It’s not that I don’t like more colorful clothing, it’s that I always reach for navy/grey/brown/tan when I actually go out. Especially navy and grey. And Anglo-Italian does a fantastic job with the style and proportions of their clothes so they can keep the colors plain and still look great.

Never owned their OCBD or Drakes, so I can’t speak on that.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

Barneys New York has their sale stuff at an extra 25% off (code is SALE25). Just grabbed this cool Drake's wool-silk boating stripe scarf. All the women in my life seem to prefer men's scarves so I keep these around as gifts.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Angst ? But you do look awesome for someone who looks so much like Thanos!
Hmm, never been compared to Josh Brolin before. Me or the Rik Mayall avatar? o_O

Psyko

Reaction score
To be honest, I've never really understood the scarf with sports jacket look. Admittedly, Drake's make beautiful scarves, but I've never seen them worn in a way I think looks cool. I'm from Norway, and here the point of a scarf traditionally is to provide shelter and warmth for the neck. I still haven't found a way to wear a scarf with a sports jacket that achieves this and still look cool. Tying a scarf properly around the neck seldom looks good with a sports jacket in my opinion. I can't quite articulate why, though. It might be because it looks weird when the neck is full of cloth, while the open 'V' created between the lapels where the shirt shows is too visually 'flat', or lacks the dimensionality bunched up cloth has. So the contrast between bunched up cloth at the neck and the more 'flat' structure of the shirt and sports jacket might be what I find looks off. If one pops the lapels, for example, so that more of the shirt is covered and the lapels angles out from the body, I think it looks better with a scarf.

Or maybe the point of wearing Drake's scarves isn't to provide warmth? Maybe the point is to be worn hanging over the shoulders untied in warmer climates, functioning like an accessory?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads