• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That tie is ruined, good luck. Do share results if they are promising.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the raw indigo dyed button up shirt? How's it wearing in? Any dye transfer? Thinking of grabbing one. Can never have enough blue shirts!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the raw indigo dyed button up shirt? How's it wearing in? Any dye transfer? Thinking of grabbing one. Can never have enough blue shirts!

Got The Rake's version of this - haven't noticed any transfer on white/grey undershirts, light colored trousers, etc. Wear before wash, for sure.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got The Rake's version of this - haven't noticed any transfer on white/grey undershirts, light colored trousers, etc. Wear before wash, for sure.
Thanks, the Rake version is the one I'm looking at. Will probably give it a try. Wear before wash for sick fadz, or wash before wear? Do you usually just wear it casually?

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I prefer staying dye transfer free as much as possible, I washed before wearing. Actually, I don't recall every wearing this (or the same Rake Drake's light blue spread collar shirt) casually. Always with a tie under a jacket or cardigan. I did not like the way the huge high collar sat on my neck unopened. I may try wearing casually, now that both shirts are more "broken in".

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I prefer staying dye transfer free as much as possible, I washed before wearing. Actually, I don't recall every wearing this (or the same Rake Drake's light blue spread collar shirt) casually. Always with a tie under a jacket or cardigan. I did not like the way the huge high collar sat on my neck unopened. I may try wearing casually, now that both shirts are more "broken in".
I saw mention of the higher cutaway collar, but its hard to tell from the pics how different it is. I have the regular Drakes washed "Victoria" blue denim with the spread collar. Doesn't look all that different, but I guess we will see when it gets here. Thanks!

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else noticed this...I saw some info (here) on the Denim sizing back in December. General thinking was go TTS for the dark wash (maybe one size down). I recently ordered both the dark and mid-wash - in my regular size a 34. They arrived yesterday. I am absolutely swimming in the dark. I was going to take a pic but they won't even stay up. The midwash on the hand look 80s rock star jeans (ie skin tight). Thinking I might have down 2 on the dark and up 2 on the mid wash. Anyone else have a similiar experience?

clemente21

Reaction score
Question about the factory store on Haberdasher St. - I'm headed to London soon and was wondering what to expect. Are the prices far better than regular sales prices - for example closer to the sample sales? Is there backstock that isn't on view, for example if there was something from a past season is it worth asking for it particularly and seeing if it's somewhere in the building?

keepondigging

Reaction score
The pricing is very generous at the factory store there from my experience. Everything was under half its original retail price when I went there. £150+ shirts were £60. £200 pieces of knitwear were £90. £120 ties were £30 etc. They sell variants and samples there too that you won't find in their collections online or in their core stores. For example the last time I went in they had the Tattersall shirt from 2018, but it had a button down collar as opposed to the spread collar of the original. Pretty neat.

Definitely worth a look.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else noticed this...I saw some info (here) on the Denim sizing back in December. General thinking was go TTS for the dark wash (maybe one size down). I recently ordered both the dark and mid-wash - in my regular size a 34. They arrived yesterday. I am absolutely swimming in the dark. I was going to take a pic but they won't even stay up. The midwash on the hand look 80s rock star jeans (ie skin tight). Thinking I might have down 2 on the dark and up 2 on the mid wash. Anyone else have a similiar experience?

I bought a 31 in the mid wash and off white, and a 30 in the indigo. and they all fit around the same.

HotToddy

Reaction score
Question about the factory store on Haberdasher St. - I'm headed to London soon and was wondering what to expect. Are the prices far better than regular sales prices - for example closer to the sample sales? Is there backstock that isn't on view, for example if there was something from a past season is it worth asking for it particularly and seeing if it's somewhere in the building?

I went to the Clifford street shop earlier this week and it was 50% off most things in the shop. Not sure if the sale will still be going by the time you get to London though.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pricing is very generous at the factory store there from my experience. Everything was under half its original retail price when I went there. £150+ shirts were £60. £200 pieces of knitwear were £90. £120 ties were £30 etc. They sell variants and samples there too that you won't find in their collections online or in their core stores. For example the last time I went in they had the Tattersall shirt from 2018, but it had a button down collar as opposed to the spread collar of the original. Pretty neat.

Definitely worth a look.
I agree. I'm in London about every other month for work and tend to drop in when I have time. Prices are, on average, 70% below retail, and they seem to have a permanent "buy 4, pay 3" sort of deal going on. For accessories (ties, pocket squares, scarves, etc.), the range is very broad, and includes a number of staples. Granted, much of the stock is unsold from previous seasons, because it isn't exactly the most mainstream stuff, but there's still a very good choice. For shirts and tailoring, it's a bit more hit and miss, depending on time of season (new stuff tends to come into the store after sales periods) and size. Sometimes, I walk out with three shirts in one go, sometimes empty-handed, but I feel like the good visits more than make up for the lesser ones.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

Same shoe or different? The jcrew one is currently $50 with a code and also made in Italy ?

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those this morning too. Something about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery came to mind...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads