• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

huskiee

Reaction score
Everything but the socks and tie are Drake's:
tumblr_prs2m01lDo1s5fve2o3_500.jpg
tumblr_prs2m01lDo1s5fve2o2_500.jpg
Looking very dapper sir. I like the jacket - is that a suede?

Nbarbar

Reaction score
I agree. They went to high on a few pieces especially some of the more casual outerwear where I was expecting a much better value for the $
The searsucker one? Or has something new come out recently?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wore this linen shirt from the current season collection for Monday's holiday. What you don't see is an interesting double sewn box pleat in back at the top and middle of the pleat. I also like this shade of red that I call "brick" and the unlined spread collar.

E8695799-E7BE-49BF-A718-AA6F9B72500F.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd put the Scott & Charters from NMWA up there too but they're different enough I can justify one of each. I hope to grab a Drake's in camel hair this fall.

I bought both and returned the S&C since the Drakes had a better collar roll for me anyway. However, in general I do Like S&C knits.

knoodie

Reaction score
Very nice. That's lambswool?

I'd put the Scott & Charters from NMWA up there too but they're different enough I can justify one of each. I hope to grab a Drake's in camel hair this fall.

Yes lambs wool.

How does the SC one compares fit wise? Slimmer? More relaxed?

I habe to say, that the drakes one is more on the slimmer side, even on the waist.

John Rosen

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could somebody help me out with the following conundrum? I'm trying to figure out whether these two Drake's linen jackets (one available at The Rake, the other at Drake's online shop but only as a two-piece) are of the same colour — in other words, whether the seeming difference between them is just an illusion caused by different lighting. Would be very grateful if those who by any chance know the answer, or know how to find it out, lend a hand.

Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 19.13.42.jpg

suit-008_1_1.jpg
sui-lalinf-19375-001_3.jpg
Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 19.01.27.png

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Could somebody help me out with the following conundrum? I'm trying to figure out whether these two Drake's linen jackets (one available at The Rake, the other at Drake's online shop but only as a two-piece) are of the same colour — in other words, whether the seeming difference between them is just an illusion caused by different lighting. Would be very grateful if those who by any chance know the answer, or know how to find it out, lend a hand.

View attachment 1185143
View attachment 1185140 View attachment 1185137 View attachment 1185136

You best bet is to look at the inner tag and see if it's the same fabric #.

That said, even if it is the same, it could have come from separate bolts of fabric, which could result in colour variation between the two suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads