• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't miss him. Someone else for instance you can take his place if you wish. There is always someone to fill in the market if there is such a viable position. But the bottomline is that the majority of the people didn't enjoy his writing enough as to "donate" to keep his store open. We live in an age where the final sale number is the deciding factor, not the added values. And no it's not just $20 if you look at how many items SF members buy each time. You are confusing a hobby with a business. And there is no need to drive up to a store to chat with the store owner anymore. They're on forums like SF now and people just order the same item of different sizes to try at home with the free shippings (despite my objection). Just get on with the times and stop your whining.

PS: With the amount of $ I saved shopping online sales I could've bought a house not to mention better quality for much less.

Um, the dude writes about clothing and the clothing industry, including commenting on changes to such things and whether he thinks they are positive or negative. Getting on with “the times” doesn’t make for interesting reading, imo. If he thinks the times are ****** he should say so and there is nothing whiny about it.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it's put up or shut up time? Catch me at Crosby st tomorrow after work. A bit bummed they have the navy cord trouser on sale but not the matching jacket.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, the dude writes about clothing and the clothing industry, including commenting on changes to such things and whether he thinks they are positive or negative. Getting on with “the times” doesn’t make for interesting reading, imo. If he thinks the times are ****** he should say so and there is nothing whiny about it.

Exactly, stop whining that people are shopping online instead of at their neighborhood stores. The blame is on the ones who liked the dude's writing enough but not willing to pay him to keep going. Afterall if the guy stopped blogging after his store closed down then it was a business, not a passion, and you guys didn't do your part to keep him entertaining.

Last edited:

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooh! I want to share!

kni-jmlam-jm369-012.jpg

poc-cawoo-18810-002.jpg

Here's what I got today.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only denied that he was a girl. :smarmy:

If he's truly a woman, then he's not only a master of menswear but of disguise.

I see no issue if the mind behind DWW is in fact, Delia Guy. From what I've seen of Lucia Serrano and Sonia Glyn Nicholson the ladies are more than capable of beating us at our own (menswear) game.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly, stop whining that people are shopping online instead of at their neighborhood stores. The blame is on the ones who liked the dude's writing enough but not willing to pay him to keep going. Afterall if the guy stopped blogging after his store closed down then it was a business, not a passion, and you guys didn't do your part to keep him entertaining.

All I’m saying is that there were people “whining” about CDs not being as good as vinyl back in the day and now vinyl sales are good. You seem to be saying that we should just accept trends without comment because the market is always right. What is wrong with questioning the direction of the market and asking whether that direction is beneficial to an art form?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I’m saying is that there were people “whining” about CDs not being as good as vinyl back in the day and now vinyl sales are good. You seem to be saying that we should just accept trends without comment because the market is always right. What is wrong with questioning the direction of the market and asking whether that direction is beneficial to an art form?

I have no issue with the discussion itself. What is right and wrong we can discuss to no end. I had issue with people complaining that the chatroom is gone because someone didn't pay the bill.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see no issue if the mind behind DWW is in fact, Delia Guy. From what I've seen of Lucia Serrano and Sonia Glyn Nicholson the ladies are more than capable of beating us at our own (menswear) game.

Well not quite. I like Sonia much better in women's clothes. But maybe I'm just not into the gender bender stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads