• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like it should be 2006 when I'm making this, but lo, there is no official DH thread in this forum.

This thread should be a repository for all things DH. There will be a preponderance of jeans and sneakers discussions since this is SW&D but an occasional suit question should fit, too.

So, I have a few pairs of DH denim, mostly MIJ. I wear the 19cm or 17.5cm cuts in size 29.

Does anyone have experience with their MIJ raw denim? I know it's not selvedge which annoys me, but in particular, I'm wondering if I should size down one or two. They have MII raw denim, which I understand is not as slim.

I'm going for a slim not SF skinny look with these, since I'll wear them as "dressy" jeans. I have no idea how much they stretch.

What I have read is that they're not great for quick fades, but that's a good thing for me. That's why I have my APC.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like DH a lot. Don´t really have anything at the moment, but I´m gonna try to start with a pair of jeans in the next months. Then, we will unite to overcome Iwvri´s Yohji thread
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

apparition

Reaction score
DHs are awesome. Still have my MIJs 19cm raws from 2-3 years ago and they hardly fade (I actually like the raw look). It is still the best cut in a pair of denim. Also, I have a pair of indigo sheers 17.5cm which is also awesome. I remember back in the day, they had the silver selvedge versions with a 19cm cut. I'm not sure what there is for raw selvedge from DH nowadays though.

I'm hoping this thread won't turn into a big "what is my size" thread but for reference, I wear APC PS in 26 and my DHs are size 27.

I'm curious though, where do guys get your DH denim? I bought mine from a thegrapist (sufu) but I don't think he's active anymore.

Thread needs some pics:
denimlayout.jpg

Last edited:

DarkSpiral

Reaction score
They still do have MIJ silver selvedge, but as far as I know it's 17.5 cm only.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice timing on this thread. dug out an old DH jacket yesterday, havent worn it for ages. Still really like all my hedi-era dior stuff. i know this is not high fashion but part of its beauty to me is its wearablity and construction. i doubt people will be wearing their paul harnden, say, in six years time, from what i've seen of construction.

Vsvaul.jpg

lwz11l.jpg

Last edited:

xCrunchx

Reaction score
frank question but if dior homme doesn't fade easily on raws then is the cut the most important part of it? They do have some really nice pre-distressed jeans but i think its the 19cm cut that everyone likes, is it?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DHs are awesome. Still have my MIJs 19cm raws from 2-3 years ago and they hardly fade (I actually like the raw look). It is still the best cut in a pair of denim. Also, I have a pair of indigo sheers 17.5cm which is also awesome. I remember back in the day, they had the silver selvedge versions with a 19cm cut. I'm not sure what there is for raw selvedge from DH nowadays though.
I'm hoping this thread won't turn into a big "what is my size" thread but for reference, I wear APC PS in 26 and my DHs are size 27.
I'm curious though, where do guys get your DH denim? I bought mine from a thegrapist (sufu) but I don't think he's active anymore.
Thread needs some pics:
denimlayout.jpg

2nd to the right, which pair are those, 19cm MIJs?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah grapist was the source. dont own any dior raws atm but when i had a pair it was from him

sad kinda want to find some silver selvedge from somewhere

guess http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ is the only place besides dior direct from nyc?

cloonz

Reaction score

Does anyone have experience with their MIJ raw denim? I know it's not selvedge which annoys me, but in particular, I'm wondering if I should size down one or two. They have MII raw denim, which I understand is not as slim.

I'm going for a slim not SF skinny look with these, since I'll wear them as "dressy" jeans. I have no idea how much they stretch.

MIJ raws do stretch a lot. These are my measurements on a pair of 28 MIJ raw indigo 19cm I've been wearing for a while.

Waist: 15.5"
Thigh: 10.5" at crotch, 9" at 3 inches below crotch
Hem: 6.5"

I'm sure they would stretch a lot more if they were tight. I'm 5'11" 125 lb and they are pretty loose on me now.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
My initial guess is that straight leg = 21cm, but I could be wrong. Also, it looks like those are MII.

I think the main thing holding me back (other than the price, which is admittedly kinda ridiculous) is the ratio of the thigh to waist measurements. I'm pretty sure I'd need a size 28 (which might still be a little loose in the waist after they stretch), but 10.5" thighs would be just this side of painted-on (and I most certainly do not fall into the "huge thighs from powerlifting/sports/my distorted self-image" crowd).

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread makes me depressed :( i used to pick raws for 65 a pop

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads