• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jakes run slim. They don't make it to sale unless maybe you're a ***** or on LVR's priority list (slight discount).

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
I'm looking at the MII 17.5cm Fly By Nights. If 31 is a good size for me in MIJ raws (both 19cm and 17.5cm) - will I be ok with 31 in the Fly By Nights or do I need to go up to 32?

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
You could be ok with the 31 if ur raws are not super tight. My 17.5cm MII washed pair is tighter all around compared to my 17.5cm MIJ raw (both 28). I've also tried on a washed 17.5 pair in 29 that i couldnt get past my thighs, so...u can never be too sure :/

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
Thanks dude (kind of!).. my MIJs aren't too tight though the 17.5s were slightly tricky the first time I did up the clasp, but fine since. Would rather tight then stretch than good then loose. Will give the 31s a go.. can always exchange as they have stock.

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
So I got the Fly By Nights from LVR. They're actually slightly looser in the waist than my raw MIJs, though not by much, and the hem is about 1cm wider ( as I'd read somewhere is usually the case).

However, I'm probably going to return them as I'm not a big fan of how they're distressed - it just looks a bit artificial, like some diesels or something, and they just don't feel as good as my MIJs.

So what I really want is some black raw MIJ 17.5cms. Do these exist? I've only seen blue and even those seem hard to find. If so where can I get some?

dogsdogsdogs

Reaction score
Just won these at auction, if anyone could offer their opinion on the legitimacy of these Diors I would really appreciate. I haven't paid yet and have 2 days before I have to.

http://www.ebay.com....984.m1439.l2649

The product code was: 3SH003VEA I know that the first number is supposed to denote the year so perhaps this is already a red flag?

some pics, theres more on the ebay page.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So I got the Fly By Nights from LVR. They're actually slightly looser in the waist than my raw MIJs, though not by much, and the hem is about 1cm wider ( as I'd read somewhere is usually the case).

However, I'm probably going to return them as I'm not a big fan of how they're distressed - it just looks a bit artificial, like some diesels or something, and they just don't feel as good as my MIJs.

So what I really want is some black raw MIJ 17.5cms. Do these exist? I've only seen blue and even those seem hard to find. If so where can I get some?

Black 17.5 raws don't exist...yet. They released the 17.5 raw indigo last year and they seem to sell very well so maybe expect the black raws in the near future?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have had these for about 4-5 years. The knees are about shot I think. Debating wether or not I should retire them or just keep on rocking them as is.

Demure

Reaction score
How do you get the fit on the runway? Every says size down 2 but all the fits here look very tight and skinny. On the runway (SS05, AW06), they look slim but still loose and comfortable. Are those guys going true to size?

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
^size down 1-2 only for raw b/c they stretch. For washed, go TTS or maybe 1 size down depending on the model. Most diors (even 17.5cm) are fairly loose through the leg when wearing the correct waist size IME but that's b/c I have skinny legs. The models Hedi Slimane used are especially thin (and tall), which make all the jeans look loose/slouchy.

edit: in that 2nd pic you can tell he's wearing them on his hips, not waist, so def. not sized down

Last edited:

Demure

Reaction score
^size down 1-2 only for raw b/c they stretch. For washed, go TTS or maybe 1 size down depending on the model. Most diors (even 17.5cm) are fairly loose through the leg when wearing the correct waist size IME but that's b/c I have skinny legs. The models Hedi Slimane used are especially thin (and tall), which make all the jeans look loose/slouchy.

edit: in that 2nd pic you can tell he's wearing them on his hips, not waist, so def. not sized down
Thanks for that. Are those both 19cm's and has KVA changed that cut at all in his tenure or is it identical?

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
np :) bottom is definitely 19cm. Not sure for the top one. The cuts are pretty much identical although I think KVA made the back rises longer... but this is only from hearsay and photo comparison, I don't have any real life experience with Hedi-era denim

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

np :) bottom is definitely 19cm. Not sure for the top one. The cuts are pretty much identical although I think KVA made the back rises longer... but this is only from hearsay and photo comparison, I don't have any real life experience with Hedi-era denim

I can confirm the KVA back rise is .5 longer. Only difference!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads